Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (-2147024891)

by SnipersIceshadow

Original Post

Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successful

★ Novice

This does not work for me and i do not know how to fix it

PLEASE HELP ME

Message 51 of 83 (4,214 Views)

Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successful

★★★ Newbie

I did this but when i click on x64 and x86 all that shows up is a window asking if i want to uninstall it. How do i make myself FULL admin?

Message 52 of 83 (4,151 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry wrote:
  • Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, navigate into the VC folder, then into vc2012Update3, and finally redist.
  • In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
  • Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

Message 53 of 83 (4,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Soo... I got the game Sims 4 and I installed it, but there are two files that makes me angry and they are the vcredist files. For some reason I cannot install the damn thing. I keep getting setup failed error instlation log file blah blah blah and 0x80070641.
Please, I have tried everything, uninstalling updates, installing in safe mode, uninstalling previous versions, fixing with fix my PC,

So I beg anyone who knew or knows about this damn issue please help me. Im a big fan of Sims and I have sims 4 lying on my arms but cannot install it so please help me. Thank u
Message 54 of 83 (3,765 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Barry wrote:
  • Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, navigate into the VC folder, then into vc2012Update3, and finally redist.
  • Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

Message 55 of 83 (3,712 Views)

★ Novice

hello hello, i tried that. However, it didnt work what ea_barry said. When i tried to install it just didnt proceed. Ill give u a solution Standard smile. I have installed the bf3 and bf4, both have the same folder vcredist. So i replaced my bf4 files of vcredist with the bf3, i proceeded with the installation and everything was perfect. If you dont have 2 battlefields to replace the files, here is a link i posted my self for you to replace. It worked 100% for me. 

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/q8kpdz5xllxtc//vcredist

download them and replace them Standard smile enjoy. And please leave a thanks :P

Message 56 of 83 (3,684 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installerfolder.
  • Uninstall both then reinstall both should work fine the next time!
Message 57 of 83 (3,196 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bump still getting issue tried all things

Message 58 of 83 (3,050 Views)

★★★ Novice

You replaced them in the middle of downloading? Because my issue is when it just installs right after it downloads the core files

Message 59 of 83 (3,024 Views)

★ Novice

Hello I do not have the redist folder under that file or the within the download at all, is there anyway in which to obtain that file fro my game?

Message 60 of 83 (2,998 Views)