Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successful

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successful

★★ Novice

I have this same issue when trying to install apex legends now. There is no vc folder sadly as it doesn't get far enough to install them. So I have not found a solution yet to fix this problem. Since there is no VC folder or anyway to install the VC files im kinda stuck. 

Message 81 of 83 (2,222 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried everything. Tried to contact Origin tech support for the past 7 hrs. 7 hrs! I bought the whole Sims 4 package and it downloaded to 100%, went to "Finalizing," and then froze and crashed. When opened later it kept reporting "an unexpected error occured." I tried everything on a forum. I switched to Admin mode, downloaded the vc++ redistributeables individually (then got the error that something was installing keeping it from completing), removed everything on my computer, disabled anti-virus (then got report 1602 that the vc++ was unsuccessful), uninstalled Origin, deleted the game, tried again (same issues), ran computer in safe mode....other than standing on my head and operating it solely with my butt cheeks...I do not know what is wrong. It is very obviously an issue with Origin. I read multiple forums where people attached reports, etc., and Origin remains of no use. They very obviously do not care and i just can not understand how they are making money on these produce when you can not even download and use them. I have a fairly new AlienWare...so compatibility is not an issue. At this point I can just ask for a refund...but wtf?! I am just never able to play EA games again??? How has nothing been fixed. 

Message 82 of 83 (1,731 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 83 of 83 (1,680 Views)