BF4 will not install - Tried it all.. VCREDIST/C++

by companiet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (-2147024891)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Installation slows to a stop at 20% then jumps to 27% and stops with this error:

"Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (-2147024891)"

I've tried multiple things... downloaded and installed the C++ files (vcredist_64).   I also redownloaded the game/Origin serveral times (Also in SafeMode with networking).  If anyone can fix this problem please help!

Message 10 of 83 (153,445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (-2147024891)

Community Manager
  • Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, navigate into the VC folder, then into vc2012Update3, and finally redist.
  • In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
  • Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.
barry.png

View in thread

Message 11 of 83 (148,830 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

BF4 will not install - Tried it all.. VCREDIST/C++

★★★★ Novice

Hello all. Hoping for a quick reply, kinda want to get into action...

I have a problem installing BF4. It seems to be somewhat comon, its the "Error: The VC++ runtime redistributable package was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continiue. (False)"

I have googled for many, many hours, trying to find a solution, nonetheless, here i am.

I have tried to uninstall the VCredist 86/64 and reinstalling them, nope. I tried to reinstall SDK, which gave me a fresh install of the Visual c++, but nope.

I tried to manually go into the battlefield 4 folders and install the 64/86 visuals from there, but then i got another errormessage that i couldnt install them (this error message came just when trying to install in this specific folder, i can install them to my pc).

I can install them without any problem, yet battlefield does not seem to recognize them?

I deleted the both 64/86 in the /Redist folder in the battlefield folder, reading that i may have to manually install them and move them there. But, i cant seem to find the location of them... this may be key, where are they located?

I am very frustrated, and i have no idea what im doing, any help will be greatly rewarded.. in feels !

This is a repost of a post i made on Reddit. 
I cant fix this **bleep**ing problem. I will greatly apreciate ur help.

TLDR: BATTLEFIELD 4 STOPS AT 20/27%, VCREDIST INSTALL FAILED, CAN NOT MANUALLY INSTALL THEM IN THEIR FOLDERS, ABLE TO INSTALL VCREDIST/C++ **bleep** MANUALLY OUTSIDE OF BF4, BUT THE INSTALL WONT RECOGNIZE THAT I HAVE THEM/IT/THAT,.

Message 1 of 83 (153,213 Views)

Re: BF4 will not install - Tried it all.. VCREDIST/C++

★★★★★ Novice
Have you tried installing in safe mode?
Message 2 of 83 (153,205 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I do not see how installing in safemode would change the fact that the vcredist **bleep** does not install?

Please explain further. How do i even try to install it in safemode? Frown

Message 3 of 83 (153,202 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

1. restart computer

2. run it on safe mode by pressing F7 or F8 (safe mode with network)

3. Run Origin as admin

4. click on install now and it should be ready to go

Message 4 of 83 (153,191 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the help.

But it did not work, unfortunately...

Message 5 of 83 (153,177 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump.

Nothing works... Where can i apply for a refund?..

Message 6 of 83 (153,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump. Any "mods" that can help? where can i get further help?

Message 7 of 83 (153,121 Views)

★★ Novice

it did it to me too, i tried to reinstall a couple of times, the last time doing nothing else on my computer but install the game and it finnally worked.

Message 8 of 83 (153,070 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nope. ive already tried installing it in safemode.

WHY OH WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN TO MEEE

Message 9 of 83 (153,054 Views)