Error: 131079:6 & YOU NEED TO INSTALL OR PATCH THE GAME BEFORE PLAYING

by i3lueHorneT

Original Post

Highlighted

Error: 131079:6 & YOU NEED TO INSTALL OR PATCH THE GAME BEFORE PLAYING

★★★★ Novice

Installed & played without issue last night, this afternoon Battlelog displays this error when attempting to join a MP server:

• "YOU NEED TO INSTALL OR PATCH THE GAME BEFORE PLAYING."

I tried several times then rebooted my PC. After reboot I continued to receive the error & also noticed that all Origin application settings (Downloaded Games & Game Installers included) reverted to their default install settings.

I moved the BF4 folder outside of the Origin installed games directory in order to preserve it, uninstalled & reinstalled Origin, changed the default install directories for the application during installation as well as the application settings directories for Downloaded Games & Game Installers & placed the BF4 folder back inside the Downloaded Games folder.

Despite this I still encounter the "INSTALL OR PATCH" Battlelog error.

Clicking "Repair install" or "Check for update" through the right-click menu on BF4 inside the Origin application I receive this error:

• An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error 131079:6 
Message 1 of 4 (9,323 Views)

Re: Error: 131079:6 & YOU NEED TO INSTALL OR PATCH THE GAME BEFORE PLAYING

★★★★ Novice

This issue was resolved in this thread.

answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/You-need-to-install-or-patch-the-game-before-playing-wont-update/m-p/1761647/highlight/false#M29510

The right click "Repair install" finally started working.

Message 2 of 4 (9,199 Views)

★ Novice

instead of making a customer read another whole thread about how to fix the game that is suppossed to work how bout posting the fix you ass! the link you put up doesnt even farking work idiots!

Message 3 of 4 (8,212 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have access to this thread

Message 4 of 4 (303 Views)