ERROR Could not communicate with BF4

by ferbellot

Original Post

Re: ERROR Could not communicate with BF4

★ Novice

i tried to play a multilayer game after the maintenance today. it doesn't work! 

IT SAID : ERROR Could not communicate with BF4

Message 11 of 13 (638 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have this EVERY SINGLE TIME I LAUNCH BF4 now.  I have tried this:

I ran BF4 just fine with no system changes since launch all the way up until the day Dragon's teeth launched for premium members (Jul 15, 2014), I remember logging in, running around and checking out the new maps that day and then didn't touch BF4 again until last week. The only thing different that I did was update my AMD drivers to 14.7 RC3 which I have reinstalled and has made no difference (I have no trouble running Diablo 3, Watch Dogs, etc). 

I am running a i7 4770K 32 GB Ram Windows 8.1 Professional system with Asus R9 280X x2 cards in Crossfire with 14.7 RC3 drivers dated Aug 14, 2014. 

I have tried Chrome (32 bit), Firefox, IE to launch, to the same effect and uninstalled and reinstalled the battlelog plugin on each platform and reset the browsers and cache to no effect. 

I have uninstalled BF4 twice and painfully reinstalled the 25GB installation to no effect. 

I have tried a repair of the game a few times... this tends to crash Origin at the end of the verification -- that's the main anomaly that I note, but it doesn't fix the issue. 

I have reinstalled Punkbuster through the website and through the BF4 installation and verified that Punkbuster A & B are running in services - no effect 

I run Malwarebytes Pro 1.7 and Kaspersky Antivirus. I have uninstalled these and verified while they are active that Punkbuster, Origin, BF4 are all allowed (my 2nd computer with a nVidia GTX 680 has the same software setup so I don't think it is this as that computer runs fine). 

I have checked my router, cleared my UPNP cache, tried manual port forwarding, but I don't think that is it either and 2 other computers on my network can launch and play BF4 just fine through the same router and all three could at one time. 

I have reinstalled the visual C libraries as provided in the BF4 folder and also installed direct X 

Windows 8.1 informs me that my .NET 4.5 framework is baked into the OS and does not need to be installed 

I have disabled all overlays (Raptr by AMD), am not running any third party overclocking tools, and disabled Origin's in game overlay 

Titanfall runs fine from Origin, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin's client twice. I've selected beta releases, and deslected that too on different installs and it makes no difference. 

I performed a UATrace route to EA servers and all my pings are < 60 ms from node to node and I get to EA's servers just fine (I have a 30 Mbps connection) 

I created a new Windows 8.1 profile and tried to launch it from that profile, same result 

I deleted my Screen shot and settings from User Documents, same problem, can even run BF4.exe long enough for new settings to be generated again 

Clean booted my PC with only Microsoft services running everything else disabled. Same result. 

I disabled my AMD audio drivers (I have Realtek Asus Extreme 6 Z87 onboard audio), no effect. 

I disabled Origin Cloud saving, no effect. 

I upgraded to Origin Beta Client, no different

To date, BF4 launches (In joining a multiplayer game, starting a Test Range, or starting a single player campaign) has CPU activity for < 30 seconds, then drops to 0 CPU activity, holds onyo ~50-60MB of allocated ram, generates no error in application or system events, and just hangs until the process is manually terminated. Rebooting doesn't break this process. 

I've talked to EA and they said they don't know what to do anymore 

I don't know if there is anything left to do! 

Message 12 of 13 (289 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

For all of those who have this dreaded BF4 is not responding and doesn't Launch or Join but just hangs as a process that Battlelog tells you to shut down in the Task Manager, try the following: 

I FIXED THIS! 

OMFG, I finally fixed this with no help of EA, DICE 

1. Go into Origin > Application Settings > Origin Beta Participation 

2. CHECK "Update to the beta version when available" 

3. Exit Origin 

4. Start Origin, it will update to some beta version 

5. Restart your computer 

** At this point you might as well try BF4 to see if it worked, but it didn't for me yet ** 

6. If BF4 doesn't start still UNINSTALL BF4 completely 

7. REINSTALL BF4 using this new beta Origin client 

8. Launch BF4 again! 

Let me know if it works for you! 

-------- 

This is all the **bleep** I had tried prior to stumbling onto this solution: 

I ran BF4 just fine with no system changes since launch all the way up until the day Dragon's teeth launched for premium members (Jul 15, 2014), I remember logging in, running around and checking out the new maps that day and then didn't touch BF4 again until last week. The only thing different that I did was update my AMD drivers to 14.7 RC3 which I have reinstalled and has made no difference (I have no trouble running Diablo 3, Watch Dogs, etc). 

I am running a i7 4770K 32 GB Ram Windows 8.1 Professional system with Asus R9 280X x2 cards in Crossfire with 14.7 RC3 drivers dated Aug 14, 2014. 

I have tried Chrome (32 bit), Firefox, IE to launch, to the same effect and uninstalled and reinstalled the battlelog plugin on each platform and reset the browsers and cache to no effect. 

I have uninstalled BF4 twice and painfully reinstalled the 25GB installation to no effect. 

I have tried a repair of the game a few times... this tends to crash Origin at the end of the verification -- that's the main anomaly that I note, but it doesn't fix the issue. 

I have reinstalled Punkbuster through the website and through the BF4 installation and verified that Punkbuster A & B are running in services - no effect 

I run Malwarebytes Pro 1.7 and Kaspersky Antivirus. I have uninstalled these and verified while they are active that Punkbuster, Origin, BF4 are all allowed (my 2nd computer with a nVidia GTX 680 has the same software setup so I don't think it is this as that computer runs fine). 

I have checked my router, cleared my UPNP cache, tried manual port forwarding, but I don't think that is it either and 2 other computers on my network can launch and play BF4 just fine through the same router and all three could at one time. 

I have reinstalled the visual C libraries as provided in the BF4 folder and also installed direct X 

Windows 8.1 informs me that my .NET 4.5 framework is baked into the OS and does not need to be installed 

I have disabled all overlays (Raptr by AMD), am not running any third party overclocking tools, and disabled Origin's in game overlay 

Titanfall runs fine from Origin, but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin's client twice. I've selected beta releases, and deslected that too on different installs and it makes no difference. 

I performed a UATrace route to EA servers and all my pings are < 60 ms from node to node and I get to EA's servers just fine (I have a 30 Mbps connection) 

I created a new Windows 8.1 profile and tried to launch it from that profile, same result 

I deleted my Screen shot and settings from User Documents, same problem, can even run BF4.exe long enough for new settings to be generated again 

Clean booted my PC with only Microsoft services running everything else disabled. Same result. 

I disabled my AMD audio drivers (I have Realtek Asus Extreme 6 Z87 onboard audio), no effect. 

I disabled Origin Cloud saving, no effect. 

I reviewed the registry to make sure the xpack's were all listed correctly 

To date, BF4 launches (In joining a multiplayer game, starting a Test Range, or starting a single player campaign) has CPU activity for < 30 seconds, then drops to 0 CPU activity, holds onyo ~50-60MB of allocated ram, generates no error in application or system events, and just hangs until the process is manually terminated. Rebooting doesn't break this process. 

I've talked to EA and they said they don't know what to do anymore 

If anyone else has any similarities please do tell as maybe there's a commonality that we share in this thread

Message 13 of 13 (286 Views)