Re: Dogtag lost

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Dogtag lost

★★★ Novice

I has call before some weeks with the Hotline. But they cant help. I miss 2 DogTags. Dice LA and Dice Dev Team. Its lost until the Reports cant show some weeks. It was hard to knife the guys for take the dogtags. The other is the Skill. Last Round minus 33 and before I has a skill of 577. Thats minus 33 need 544. But its shows 509 !! And its not the first time of wrong calculation. Change the calculator so that it is calculated correctly.

Message 1 of 2 (215 Views)

Re: Dogtag lost

★★★★★ Expert

@AbtRS6R wrote:

I has call before some weeks with the Hotline. But they cant help. I miss 2 DogTags. Dice LA and Dice Dev Team. Its lost until the Reports cant show some weeks. It was hard to knife the guys for take the dogtags. The other is the Skill. Last Round minus 33 and before I has a skill of 577. Thats minus 33 need 544. But its shows 509 !! And its not the first time of wrong calculation. Change the calculator so that it is calculated correctly.

Hi @AbtRS6R ,

You are asking for help here on two very separate subjects really.  But both unfortunately bound in some misunderstanding on how the game mechanics for your acquired dogtags and your skill level really works.  So lets take them shortly, one by one:

Missing dog tags:

You are not acquiring dog tags by actually knifing somebody else's wearing those dog tags.  So aka, knifing somebody who wears the Phantom Program dog tag, does not give you then that dog tag to wear yourself.  You acquire dog tags by completing certain requirements or challenging tasks in the game.  Then a dog tag is then awarded to you.  Aka, example with the Phantom Program dog tag, you need with your own soldier to complete all the tasks and actions in the game related to completing the Phantom Operative program for you to be awarded the Phantom Program dog tag.  And when you have done all that, then the Phantom Operative dog tag becomes available for you to use for your soldier.  The two dog tags that you mention are only for DICE employees and cannot be earned by ordinary players.  OBS:  Some players appeared to have gotten them early on in the BF4 game life cycle, but that was due to a bug in the Battlelog program.  This was all fixed, and all back functioning with these dog tags as it should.  And they didn't keep them anyway.  So no, except if you work at DICE in one of these respective teams, then these two tags are not available to be awarded to you.

Soldier skills and the calculation:

The soldier skills calculation is a little more sophisticated than the model you applied there.

And please bare with me, as its a bit technical/mathemathically heavy and also most would not care much about what your skill level scores really are and neither would most that have played a lot in the game.  Its all about having fun and gaming together with friends etc, so don't put too much importance into it.  Its just one 'statistic' that even can be skewed to so many degrees all depending on which games, modes and maps you decide to play on.  So not really very meaningful for much.   But anyway, here we go with the details, and forgive me, I don't know how tech-minded you are, but these are the algorithms used for the skill level calculation:

SkillLevelParameters 
    $::Asset
        $::DataContainer
        Name Persistence/SkillLevelParams
    SPM::SkillLevelComponent
        MaxValue 1000.0
        Weight 0.6
    KPM::SkillLevelComponent
        MaxValue 3.0
        Weight 0.3
    KDR::SkillLevelComponent
        MaxValue 5.0
        Weight 0.1
    OldValueWeight 0.9
    MaxValue 1000.0
    MinimumTimeRequired 300.0

So your 'Skill' is made up of three factors, each weighted by a different amount: 60% for SPM, 30% for your KPM, and 10% from your KDR.   Please notice here that you don't just add the 3 numbers together in the end.  No, they need first to be 'normalized', as e.g. the SPM can be a very high absolute number compared to the others.

So each of the 3 numbers are normalized against their own 'MaxValue' for each one.

Your total skill value number is built game round by game round by adding or subtracting from your previous skill number.

The SPM you use is from the score beside your soldier name on the scoreboard before any awards are added, so not the potentially bigger SPM number from the BattleLog Report. Take that score and divide by the round time to find your actual SPM.

You find your KPM by dividing your kills by the round time also. KDR is listed in in the BattleLog Report. Any values over the max values (1000, 3, and 5 respectively) are reduced to the max values.

So it is a three-step calculation:

First you have to normalize the values as fractions of the maximum possible.

(SPM/1000) = nSPM
(KPM/3) = nKPM
(KDR/5) = nKDR

Next you have to apply the weight of importance each has been allocated and add them, then multiply by 1000

((nSPM * .6) + (nKPM * .3) + (nKDR * .1)) * 1000 = GameSkill

GameSkill is then the number which represents your Skill in that last single game.

Last, you need to hold that up against your past skill level using the formula I quoted to you above: "OldValueWeight 0.9".

That means your old skill is carrying the 90% weight importance when adding in the new single game round skill.

(OldSkill * .9) + (GameSkill * .1) = NewSkill

Hope I managed to explain this in an understandable fashion. ;o)

And don't put too much importance into 'your skill level'.  Nobody does really after having maxed out the game.

So even repairing your friends Littlebird for a full round on Zavod can be fun, albeit he will be the one getting all the kills and beefing up his Skill number.   

But who cares - Just enjoy and have fun together with the gameplay itself!  Standard smile

Message 2 of 2 (198 Views)