Does manually adding UI.DrawEnable 1 then deleting it going to fix the Feb. 25 patch problem?

by TheoQuan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Does manually adding UI.DrawEnable 1 then deleting it going to fix the Feb. 25 patch problem?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

After the Feb. 25 patch, some maps prevented to load and continuously crashed (Paracel Storm/Zavod 311). I had done some research and had found out that I'm supposed to delete this line that says UI.DrawEnable from my user.cfg. But, I don't have a user.cfg, so I made one. 

But, do I have to manually insert the line UI.DrawEnable and then delete it for it to fix the Feb. 25 patch problem? Or is there another way to add/fix it?

XP will be given to everyone who attempts an answer.

Message 1 of 7 (1,173 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Does manually adding UI.DrawEnable 1 then deleting it going to fix the Feb. 25 patch problem?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Ok that line is not in the cfg :/ So  some maps will just not load so if you want try the steps below to fix this issue and just my view but you should not have to change a command line in a cfg to load maps in the game. Something has to be off in your BF4 for this issue..... I will post fixes  to try but test BF4 after each one so we find the correct fix for you. Have you already tried to update Punk buster and Direct X and all that other fun stuff ? If not I will post steps below.....Your choice what order to try all this.... Edit again lol.... And sorry for the long list of things to try its just I have no idea what you have tried so I gave you everything I can think of to fix your BF4 :] Edit again also found this page on it if you dont want to try all this read last post at bottom  http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1yyq18/psa_crashing_at_loading_screen_fix_delete/ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Edit.... After this one try to repair game as well as it cant hurt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply and test you BF4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Your Punk Buster
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you tried everything above and the maps still will not load then its time to look for a issue in windows. 

Test your windows for errors
This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair  and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (1,159 Views)

All Replies

Re: Does manually adding UI.DrawEnable 1 then deleting it going to fix the Feb. 25 patch problem?

Hero (Retired)

Ok first you dont have to give me a xp for this as it may not help you ... But if you look in my Documents you will find the game cfg 

my document 

bf4 folder

settings

profsave and open it with word pad 

I hope this helps you but this is from a PC user :/ 

________________________________________________________________________________

Did I help you @ all? Reward me with a XP if I did. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 2 of 7 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you, but as you said, it didn't work as all I saw were lines after lines of other cfg.

Message 3 of 7 (1,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Did you open it in Word Pad and are you on PC? If you open it in note pad all your going to see is a bunch of lines :/ It has to be open in Word Pad 

Message 4 of 7 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Yes, I am on PC. I opened it in Word Pad, not Note Pad, and I still see jumbles of lines.

IS there anything I have to delete or add?

Message 5 of 7 (1,150 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

ok hang on going to look at my game box and try and find this for you give me a few min. 

Message 6 of 7 (1,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Ok that line is not in the cfg :/ So  some maps will just not load so if you want try the steps below to fix this issue and just my view but you should not have to change a command line in a cfg to load maps in the game. Something has to be off in your BF4 for this issue..... I will post fixes  to try but test BF4 after each one so we find the correct fix for you. Have you already tried to update Punk buster and Direct X and all that other fun stuff ? If not I will post steps below.....Your choice what order to try all this.... Edit again lol.... And sorry for the long list of things to try its just I have no idea what you have tried so I gave you everything I can think of to fix your BF4 :] Edit again also found this page on it if you dont want to try all this read last post at bottom  http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1yyq18/psa_crashing_at_loading_screen_fix_delete/ 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Edit.... After this one try to repair game as well as it cant hurt.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Others have said if they uninstall MSI Afterburner issues / crashing is stopped. So if you have this installed remove program and test BF4.

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply and test you BF4

Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Double click vcredist_x64.exe/ vcredist_x86.exe and follow onscreen prompts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update Your Punk Buster
http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

If you tried everything above and the maps still will not load then its time to look for a issue in windows. 

Test your windows for errors
This works in all windows O/S vista win 7,8 and 8.1 windows system file checker :]

...... sfc /scannow ..... ever hear of it if not your going to love this .... it will inspect all the important windows files as well as the windows DLL files. If windows system file checker finds any issues with the windows files and windows DLL files it will replace them. This little tool as well as the event viewer saved me and fully helped me fix my BF4 issues as well as saved my .... many a format since I found it. This is the best toy they ever put in windows :]

1 - Open administrator command prompt and close web pages and programs like origin.

2 - Type or copy and paste in sfc /scannow and hit enter, This takes 5 min to 15 min SSD vs HD

3 - This can go one of a few ways ..... no errors ... it fixed some errors ..... could not fix all errors...... does not finish checking and errors out ....... and the last one could not fix errors at all :/

4 -After its done reboot and do it again even if you had no errors the first time or had errors, could not fix ... run sfc /scannow again and when its done a second time reboot. You need to do this a and get no errors 2 x in a row ...

5- So if you ran it 2x and no errors your safe you can stop now for now lol, If you had errors first time but not the second then run sfc /scannow again and when its done reboot. You need to get could not find any errors 2 x to be safe. If it still finds errors try and run it a few more times until it finds no errors 2x AND ALWAYS REBOOT BETWEEN RUNNING sfc /scannow

6 - If you get a message indicating that it can not be repaired and you ran sfc /scannow more then 3x in a row on win vista or 7 mm you need a format or try repair win 7 :/ But after format or repair  and all updates are done run sfc /scannow to make sure your windows is stable same deal 2x error free reboot between, then If your O/S is Win8 or Win 8,1 then you can run this next command / line in administrator command prompt. Sadly this does not work for win vista or 7 :/ It will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth ------- ONLY works for windows 8 and 8.1

7 - When its done reboot

Message 7 of 7 (1,160 Views)