Re: Does EA provide technical support for rented servers on BF4 anymore?

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Does EA provide technical support for rented servers on BF4 anymore?

★★ Novice

I've rented a Battlefield 4 server for 2 years on the PS3 platform.  I recently received an error twice when I purchased the server and it would not extend my server and it remains expired.  However, the Playstation Store processed my funds and they offered me a refund.

EA customer support referred me to Sony and that is how I received my money back.  Neither EA or Sony gave me any other option.  

So, it appears that if you rent a server on BF4 or even attempt to extend the server and get an error, the only option is to get a refund.  I thought at least I could get a server reset. It is unfortunate because I had a large following on my server and now it seems I won't be able to use it again or even create another one due to there being a constant error after I have paid for it.

I've read elsewhere online that this has happened to others over the years.  Since this is the case, why even continue to offer rented servers when their is no other support than a refund?  I remember in the first few years of BF4 there was technical assistance.

Message 1 of 2 (471 Views)

Re: Does EA provide technical support for rented servers on BF4 anymore?

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @hecubis7 ,

It is not very user friendly, but it is because those that run the servers are a 3rd party, who is not the same or involved in those that gets your money in the first place for the payment.  They are so to speak not connected at all.  So only viable practical option is unfortunately just for you to be reimbursed and then try again.

Message 2 of 2 (422 Views)