DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by BizzyDG

Original Post

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Novice

Well 1AGRESSOR, I have my Gskill Snipers 8gb x2 set to their xmp1 profile. I will revert to default and return with the result.. (fingers crossed)

Message 41 of 46 (1,942 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me, the trick was to desactive the processor's hyperthreading function ! I think it changes some latencies of the ram, which could be the cause of this error.
You can disable it in your BIOS.

Since I did it, like I did for BF3, no problems anymore ! :eahigh_file:

Message 42 of 46 (1,914 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I set my RAM back from it's XMP1 OC profile to stock and I couldn't believe I was actually playing BF4 without having to underclocking my GTX 750ti. However, after 2-3 hrs of play time, and a few unnecessary google searches between matches, I received the same DirectX Function piece of * error. 

When I restarted and began a new game the error returned as usual within 1min of game play. I checked my RAM and it's still at stock. 

SO, I am now underclocking with MSI Afterburner again...  

-41Mhz Core

-25Mhz Memory

These numbers keep me running perfectly fine with Origin, BF4 Plugin, BF4 game, and Teamspeak. Settings are a mixture of mostly High, some ultra one or two Lows, and absolutely no AA because I do not like what AA does to the game.

I just bought a Tier 1 EVGA G2 Supernova 650W PSU that will replace my Tier(404) 500W ThermalTake. I actually secretly think this will solve my problem but if it doesn't I will pretend I am not disappointed and report back here.

If I still get the error then I will try modifying some RAM timings maybe. 

Anyone who has solved the problem, like this guy^^^ with his threading, please be kind enough to describe in detail the process and steps taken to achieve the fix. Post exactly what you did, specs of your PC, and please do not disappear and forget about the community that helped you in the first place.

Thank you,

Flo

Message 43 of 46 (1,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue with me.

Funny you mention the cpu, I just put in a new i5 7600K, and I started to get the error after that. It is not overclock at all yet too. Very odd. I'll reset my ramp profile as it might be bumped a bit and try it but I cant see it making a diff.

Message 44 of 46 (1,705 Views)

★★★ Novice

GUYS !! i think i know why.. Standard smile 

after i installed MSI AFTERBURNER !

and overclocked my graphic card a little bit.

then the message started to show. 

and i also cleaned my pc tower. 

try un-clock cards and try again maybe it will help.

By GoldArtifact30

Message 45 of 46 (1,660 Views)

EA Community Manager

Thanks for sharing that, @GoldArtifact302,

indeed overclocking or some mainboard manufacturer's software can cause issues like these - therefore a clean boot is usually a great idea to rule out any other software / processes that might cause issues.

Message 46 of 46 (1,628 Views)