Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

by Donalt_GR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Novice

So hi there.

just came here because this is my last hope...

At frist i want to say sorry to the employer of EA for my following text, i know this isnt your fault, its the fault of DICE, but im not able to contact them directly.

Just owned BF4 a feew days after release... im nobody who´s crying if there are a feew bugs in or sth... but totay, its the 14.April 2014... AND IM STILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD4 CORR ECTLY!!!!! WHATS WRONG? I got totally irregular crashes in bf4. There are days, i dont get one crash. There are days, i get a crash every 10 Minutes. Always with this errorreport:

DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung ("The devide is hung which is typically caused by issues in the graphics driver or alternatively the application"). GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series", Driver 13.12 (13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI)

What the hell should I do?  I just

-checked my graphicdriver

-checked my windows-updates

-checked directX ( Sooooo many times )

-reinstalled BF4, 

-reinstalled my graphicdriver

-used oder versions of directX and of my graphicdriver

-installed the directX version from the bf4 folder on my pc

-checked temperature etc... of my pc

-started the game so many times with programms in the background/ without programms...

etc...

i have really everyting done you could do... 

the EA support is a really really bad joke... just wrote oder 15 tickets, on 10, i got a automatic answer wich tells me my hardwere is too bad, on 4 they didnt response and on the last one a employer told me to change the clockrate on my graphiccard.... 4 real? 
I shoud change the clockrate on this thing? Dudes, i bought this card especially for BF4... THERE WAS A LITTLE PICTURE FROM BATTLEFIELD ON THE PACKKAGING, SO WHY THE HELL SHOULD I CHANGE THE THE CLOCKRATE ?!? 

I just feel cheated by EA and by AMD. Why is the game after all this time since release not running? They told me this graphiccard is made for " Games of the Battlefield Serie" This is not fair. I know there are many people arround the the Web with exactly THIS problem, and nobody gots a correct help from the support. 

Again dear employers of the support, I know, its not your fault and im sorry to write texts like this one but i cant see a other way.

Have a nice day,

Daniel

Message 1 of 46 (95,471 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

Ok, here are some steps you can try that can minimize the occurrence of this problems:

- Uninstall the Plugin (in control panel>uninstall) then delete the containing folder placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins

Fix for Mozilla FireFox:

- Install the latest plugin
- go to Addons (Firefox menu) -> Plugins
- Search for ESN AND Battlelog
- Set both to: always activated
- close firefox, start it again and it should be fine then

For Chrome:

-Clear Browsing Data ( Settings/Privacy )
-Reinstalling the plugin by logging to Battlelog again
-In the search bar typing the following command: chrome://plugins
-Checking the box Always allowed for ESN Sonar API and Battlelog Game Launcher
-Restarting the Browser
-Log back into Battlelog via Origin (Play from Battlefield4 icon )
-Join a Server

For Internet Explorer 11
-Restart IE 11
-From Internet Options/General tab -> Clear Browsing data -> Delete button
-From Security tab, slide the bar to bottom -> Medium Protection
-In Trusted Sites -> .battlefield.com should be added along with battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ and battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/
-It will require a System Restart in order for the 7 step to be applied.
-Join a server.

First, do this steps: http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-punkbuster-troubleshooting/ 

Also, try this additional steps, if the above does not work:

1. Open windows firewall
2. Click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. Right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. Make sure that "all programs that meet the specifications" is checked
6. Then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. Then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. Go to these 2 links:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
10. Download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. Add a game (eg. bf4)
13. Check for updates.

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe, right lcik and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR . Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

Still doesn't work then....

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Make sore your drivers and updated.

Get sure that you have disabled all ad and application blocking software in your browser and using the latest version of Adobe Flash.

For Battlefield on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Also see this EA Help article for information on opening TCP or UDP ports: http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR.
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Now try the game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then follow onscreen prompts.

-Do this troubleshooting steps:

See this page here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-known-issues/ .

Also see this page here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/troubleshooting-info-for-battlefield-4/ .

-Do a clean boot of your Windows program:

Make sure you do a clean boot of your Windows program. See this page on how to do that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 .

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Run Origin as Administrator.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatability tab and tick the box next to Run as Administrator.

-Do a "Repair Game" in Origin.

Press your game icon in Origin and press "Repair Game". This should solve a few problems.

View in thread

Message 5 of 46 (100,217 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide

Hello ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ,

First of all i can feel the anger burning through this post... dayem. Second calm the F down!.. and third lets try and fix this problem :D

I can see you tried allot of stuff regarding the problem.

There are still some things you can try:

Start pc in safe mode

Try to play the game on a diffrent user profile that has not the complete pc rights.

I tried ans google some and there are luckely allooooot of people with this problem: AHQ post by EA_Barry

IT is a problem that everybody can have. Low end to High end pc users complain about this.

This error has been posted on the following sites: Microsoft Forum, GeForce academi, Nvidia forum, Blog BF3, Blog BF4, Answer HQ, Reddit and tomshardware. So there are allot of experienced people looking in this issue. 

I searched the interwebs for like 20mins. Went online on several forums i am a member of. Couldn't find nothing.

Clean boot, Safemode worked for some of the people with this issue. Format HDD worked for other people... This is a suggestion, it is time consuming and you will lose all the stuff on your pc. pff... This is one of my longest posts and longest hunts for an answer but there is non. Sorry.

I will see you on the battlefield!
Koen

◢◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◢◤

Please accept a solution if your issue is solved. XP is also appreciated
I don't work or have any association with EA
Questions belong in the forums. I don't answer questions via PM.

Accepteer een oplossing als het probleem verholpen is. XP is altijd welkom en is altijd fijn om te krijgen. Ik werk niet voor EA of doe iets samen met EA. Vragen horen hier op het Answer HQ en niet in mijn PM box.

◢◤▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬◢◤

Message 2 of 46 (95,275 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah... this wont help me a lot, i know there are many DirectX Errors, but mine is a bit different than the others... Doesnt matter, i wont play this game anymore. Just owned nearly any part of the series

-Battlefield 1942

-Battlefield Vietnam

-Battlefield 2

-Battlefield 2142

-Battlefield Bad Company

-Battlefield 1943

-Battlefield Bad Company 2

-Battlefield 3 PC VERSION

-Battlefield 3 XBOX 360 VERSION     PREMIUM

-Battlefield 4 PC VERSION                  PREMIUM

Battlefield was the only PayToPlay title on my Pc... and now they got me so far to stop playing the series. Its really sad, but it looks like EA wont bring good games to the player, it looks like EA wants the money of the player. Thats all. I wont support this way of marketing anymore. I think ill play the old and good titles like bc2 and bf2... Thats so sad. They lost a very faithful fan. 

Never the less, Aspera-SuPeRAaP,

just want to say thanks to your attention for my problem. You´ll get your EXP for your help. 

Thank You, Daniel

Message 3 of 46 (95,260 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

same problem again

Message 4 of 46 (95,172 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Ok, here are some steps you can try that can minimize the occurrence of this problems:

- Uninstall the Plugin (in control panel>uninstall) then delete the containing folder placed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlelog Web Plugins

Fix for Mozilla FireFox:

- Install the latest plugin
- go to Addons (Firefox menu) -> Plugins
- Search for ESN AND Battlelog
- Set both to: always activated
- close firefox, start it again and it should be fine then

For Chrome:

-Clear Browsing Data ( Settings/Privacy )
-Reinstalling the plugin by logging to Battlelog again
-In the search bar typing the following command: chrome://plugins
-Checking the box Always allowed for ESN Sonar API and Battlelog Game Launcher
-Restarting the Browser
-Log back into Battlelog via Origin (Play from Battlefield4 icon )
-Join a Server

For Internet Explorer 11
-Restart IE 11
-From Internet Options/General tab -> Clear Browsing data -> Delete button
-From Security tab, slide the bar to bottom -> Medium Protection
-In Trusted Sites -> .battlefield.com should be added along with battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ and battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/
-It will require a System Restart in order for the 7 step to be applied.
-Join a server.

First, do this steps: http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-punkbuster-troubleshooting/ 

Also, try this additional steps, if the above does not work:

1. Open windows firewall
2. Click advanced settings( on the left) and then inbound (also left)
3. Find PnkbstrA.exe and PnkbstrB.exe (if you have two of both, its fine)
4. Right click on each of them>properties>programs and services
5. Make sure that "all programs that meet the specifications" is checked
6. Then go to the "Advanced" tab and check all 3 boxes. Domain, Private and Public.
7. REMEMBER TO DO THIS FOR ALL PnkBstr Files. Then save and quit.
8. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 and delete "Pb" folder.
9. Go to these 2 links:
http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1
http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbsvc/pbsvc.exe
10. Download and install both
11. Run Pbsetup.exe (the first link)
12. Add a game (eg. bf4)
13. Check for updates.

-Reinstall DirectX.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe, right lcik and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR . Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

Still doesn't work then....

-Update your Microsoft .NET framework.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

Make sore your drivers and updated.

Get sure that you have disabled all ad and application blocking software in your browser and using the latest version of Adobe Flash.

For Battlefield on PC, please enable the following online ports on your connection:

TCP80, 443, 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP
3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Also see this EA Help article for information on opening TCP or UDP ports: http://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

-Run the game as ADMINISTRATOR.
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and tick the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Now try the game.

-Reinstall C++ redistributables.
1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist
2: Right Click on vcredist_x64.exe and choose RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR then follow onscreen prompts.

-Do this troubleshooting steps:

See this page here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/battlefield-4-known-issues/ .

Also see this page here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/troubleshooting-info-for-battlefield-4/ .

-Do a clean boot of your Windows program:

Make sure you do a clean boot of your Windows program. See this page on how to do that: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 .

-Disable Origin in game.
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

-Run Origin as Administrator.
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatability tab and tick the box next to Run as Administrator.

-Do a "Repair Game" in Origin.

Press your game icon in Origin and press "Repair Game". This should solve a few problems.

Message 5 of 46 (100,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey man

I have the same problem but not only when i play BF4 but also Titanfall and BF Hardline beta.

I still cant find an answer to this problem and no one else seems to be able to find the answer.

I just built a very high end gaming rig and im getting tbis problem every tem mins in all games, well all EA games. dont tink its happened in other games.

all my cooling is great and drivers uptodate.

im just as pissed off as you are, trust me.

if you find a solution please msg me and let me know cos im dying over here as i know you are.

thanks mate.

Message 6 of 46 (94,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@BizzyDG wrote:

So hi there.

just came here because this is my last hope...

At frist i want to say sorry to the employer of EA for my following text, i know this isnt your fault, its the fault of DICE, but im not able to contact them directly.

Just owned BF4 a feew days after release... im nobody who´s crying if there are a feew bugs in or sth... but totay, its the 14.April 2014... AND IM STILL NOT ABLE TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD4 CORR ECTLY!!!!! WHATS WRONG? I got totally irregular crashes in bf4. There are days, i dont get one crash. There are days, i get a crash every 10 Minutes. Always with this errorreport:

DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung ("The devide is hung which is typically caused by issues in the graphics driver or alternatively the application"). GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series", Driver 13.12 (13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI)

What the hell should I do?  I just

-checked my graphicdriver

-checked my windows-updates

-checked directX ( Sooooo many times )

-reinstalled BF4, 

-reinstalled my graphicdriver

-used oder versions of directX and of my graphicdriver

-installed the directX version from the bf4 folder on my pc

-checked temperature etc... of my pc

-started the game so many times with programms in the background/ without programms...

etc...

i have really everyting done you could do... 

the EA support is a really really bad joke... just wrote oder 15 tickets, on 10, i got a automatic answer wich tells me my hardwere is too bad, on 4 they didnt response and on the last one a employer told me to change the clockrate on my graphiccard.... 4 real? 
I shoud change the clockrate on this thing? Dudes, i bought this card especially for BF4... THERE WAS A LITTLE PICTURE FROM BATTLEFIELD ON THE PACKKAGING, SO WHY THE HELL SHOULD I CHANGE THE THE CLOCKRATE ?!? 

I just feel cheated by EA and by AMD. Why is the game after all this time since release not running? They told me this graphiccard is made for " Games of the Battlefield Serie" This is not fair. I know there are many people arround the the Web with exactly THIS problem, and nobody gots a correct help from the support. 

Again dear employers of the support, I know, its not your fault and im sorry to write texts like this one but i cant see a other way.

Have a nice day,

Daniel

Hey man

I have the same problem but not only when i play BF4 but also Titanfall and BF Hardline beta.

I still cant find an answer to this problem and no one else seems to be able to find the answer.

I just built a very high end gaming rig and im getting tbis problem every tem mins in all games, well all EA games. dont tink its happened in other games.

all my cooling is great and drivers uptodate.

im just as pissed off as you are, trust me.

if you find a solution please msg me and let me know cos im dying over here as i know you are.

thanks mate.

Message 7 of 46 (94,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

What worked for me was to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 3\__Installer\directx\redist and run DXsetup. I also ran in borderless mode. Fixed I hope this halped because I spent a month trying to fix it. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 8 of 46 (93,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I still get this error at totally random times.

Some nights I won't get it at all, sometimes every game I launch into.  When it does crash, there is no hanging, no frozen screen, nor any change in cpu/gpu temps or usage %'s. I will be moving or firing with no slowdown or lag whatsoever, and bang, the game crashes and I see the Dx error come up.  

Changing from "Fullscreen" to "Borderless" seemed to stop the Dx error code popping up sometimes (not 100% however - the error is not identicle everytime, apart from the game stopping and closing or freezing), but not the crashing, nor the randomness of the crash.

Message 9 of 46 (93,217 Views)

★ Apprentice

I can't play more than 5-10 min no sooner than I get blasted by this crash message:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/prdF9zJ.jpg[/IMG]

More of the same but with different codes:

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iEbDedf.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/hoKqXtp.jpg[/IMG]

I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THAT I THINK IS POSSIBLE TO DO.... PLEASE anyone with some real helpful advice?

I tried just about everyting:
- reinstalling GPU drivers, DXdrivers with 'clean' install (used DDU to totally remove all)
- Have the latest 4,5 Miscrosot Framework
- Run the game in Windows Clean Boot
- DELETED ALL .cab files (DXfiles) while leaving the .dll and .exe files (you should have 2 .dll and 1 .exe files)
  then reinstalled it C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
- Updated and Reinstalled PF countless times
- Delete the PROFSAFE_PROFILE file located at: Documents\Battlefield 4\settings to RESET it
- Locking  FPS to 60 in user.cfg
  ' gametime.maxvariablefps 60 "
- Cleaned most of the registry with CCleaner
- Tried to run sfc /scannow (seems to now work in Win 7)
- opened the NVidia Control Panel and changed PhySx to the card and the "Power management mode" from Adaptive to "Prefer maximum performance"
- Disabled CPU core parking utility
- Ran the game in windowed mode...yeah...YUCK
- and finally created a " user.cfg " file with the following info:

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0

...and placed in the BF4 root folder, i.e. the same folder that the BF4.exe is in.

PLEASE EA/DICE have some mercy and get on this. Don't let this be another error to ruin your reputation.

----------------------

My SYSTEM info:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    P67A-D3-B3
System Type    x64-based PC

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3701 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    Award Software International, Inc. F2, 3/31/2011
SMBIOS Version    2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Time Zone    Pacific Daylight Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory    5.48 GB
Total Virtual Memory    16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory    13.4 GB
Page File Space    7.98 GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570

DirectX 11