Same error in BF3 AND BF4! ""DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..."

by Graphic-J

Original Post

DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

[Removed offensive comment - Admin.] You didn´t fix it in BF3!, even tough there were thousands who had the same issue... And making a new bf with the same **bleep**! How dare you ! really, how dare you! ppl are paying for it and by that it should work, without happen to be a PC freak who dig in files and put alil magic in to it and fix it by himself..... SHAME ! we want a soulution and that is now! 

PS . im not going to by the game, just bcuz of that stupid **bleep**! 

Windows 8 64-bit

16384MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2048 MB

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs)

and pls dont give me any stupid answers aboutm y rig being to bad for the game ! 

Message 14 of 375 (62,858 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

2-10 minutes into a game my screen goes black for a few seconds and crashes to the desktop with a directx error

This error was plaguing me for weeks in Battlefield 3 then it just stopped, until starting again just recently in BF3 and the BF4 Beta

I have tried:

- Underclocking my GPU

- Reinstalling BF3 (have not tried BF4 yet)

- Disabling cloud storage for BF3 in origin

- Clearing the windows 'Temp' folder (Found by typing %temp% into the windows search bar)

- Uninstalling, sweeping, and reinstalling several GeForce drivers, from betas to officials

- Redownloading and flashing my GPU's BIOS

- Running both games in windowed mode

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Message 1 of 375 (62,883 Views)

Re: Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 Beta

★ Apprentice

A lot of DirectX errors loading the game in Battlefield 4 like this:

--------------------------- 
DirectX Error 
DirectX function "device->CreateTexture1D( &texDesc1d, desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture1d)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 ", Driver: 33140 

It's on AMD, Nvidia, with all drivers (latest beta included), on functions "CreateTexture1D", "CreateTexture2D", "CreateBuffer", etc...

Still waiting for a fix.

Message 2 of 375 (62,874 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi,

I've had the same problem, I found out that it's when I change the "output resolution" on a Windows 7 installation.
A quick (and dirty) fix for me was to delete the "PROFSAVE", "PROFSAVE_header" and "PROFSAVE_profile" files from the "My Documents\Battlefield 4\settings" folder.

WARNING : it deletes all your custom settings and bring back the tutorial tooltips.

After that, it started without problems.
Changing the output resolution in game worked, but when the next round started, it stopped working again, when it's unchanged at 100%, everything is OK.

EDIT : it is NOT related to the output resolution but some other configuration settings, I'm investigating to see if I can figure out which one.

Message 3 of 375 (62,840 Views)

★★★ Novice

So, this would effect BF3 aswell? Its strange cause it worked for ages with no problem, now this

Message 4 of 375 (62,802 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I'm also getting this on BF4 AND BF3. Didn't happen before now it does. Battlelog implemented it as a bug maybe? I dunno. Please anyone, help

Message 5 of 375 (62,460 Views)
Highlighted

Same error in BF3 AND BF4! ""DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..."

★ Apprentice

I keep getting this crash/error. [b]"DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..."[/b]
when I log in to BF4 beta. Usually every 5 minutes after a half hour or so of actual BF4 gameplay.

SCREENSHOT IMAGE:

http://i.imgur.com/prdF9zJ.jpg

I already went through many of these forum bug threads and their solutions.

Nothing worked.
I've tried both upgrading and downgrading the drivers, beta etc, clearing %temp% folder, NVidiA control settings etc etc. And countless more, NOTHING worked.
Please, any solution to this?

Message 6 of 375 (63,029 Views)

Re: DirectX function GetDeviceRemovedReason failed with dxgi_error_device_hung

★★★ Newbie

So can this be confirmed as a DirectX issue with BF at the moment? Or GPU related issues,
AKA will they have to fix this?

Message 7 of 375 (62,446 Views)

Re: Same error in BF3 AND BF4! ""DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..."

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I was playing BF4 Beta perfectly fine all day yesterday but now I just randomly got this message. Game ran perfectly up until this point. Now I can't get into games. Hope we can find a fix, although I have it for a gtx 770. I'm sure a fix should be the same for both though.

Message 8 of 375 (62,922 Views)

Re: Same error in BF3 AND BF4! ""DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG..."

★ Novice

I just got mine too work again... I don't know if it will work for you but I thought I would let you know. I switched my PhysX to CPU in the nvidia control panel, ran CCleaner, and restarted my PC. I don't know why that fixed it because I switched Physx back to auto-detect to see if I got the same message and it still plays. Whatever happened, thats what I did. Hopefully it works for you.

Message 9 of 375 (62,905 Views)