DirectX error

by MrWick108

Original Post

Accepted Solution

DirectX error

★★ Novice

I'm very busy these days, but so far after looking up 20-ish posts on this problem, none of the suggested solutions didn't work. On the picture you can see that the error didn't mention the hardware as it is mentioned on other peoples case. I bought the game almost a year ago and it was running good up until around 20th October when launched the game after not playing it for a month. I can't play multiplayer nor singleplayer. For example, when joining a server, battlelog shows me that im joining the server, then the error pops up and after pressing ok the game disappears from taskbar. (*inhale*) I updated all drivers (ALL drivers), disabled origin in game, repaired game, reinstalled vcredist_x64 and x86 (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\vc\vc2012Update3\redist), changed language for non-unicode programs, uninstalled geforce experience, returned to older graphics card driver, ran dxsetup.exe (Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist). (*gasp*) The game is on my notebook laptop Asus n550jk with: Intel i5 4800H, nVidia GeForce GTX 850m 2GB VRAM, 4GB RAM LDDR3, 750 HDD 7200 rpm (or something close, can't remember), FHD IPS 60Hz monitor, Windows 10 Pro (upgraded in January from Windows 8.1 Pro and it worked on both systems up until above mentioned time). I'm a newbie to these forums so I don't want to offend (trigger) anyone, I didn't invest in this game to get these problems but to play the game. I know these problem had someone in this abyss of questions but I can't find the solution that works. Sorry to waste your time. Thank you in advance. Have a nice day!

Message 1 of 7 (867 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX error

★★ Novice

First of all, I want to apologize for not replying sooner. I gave up on BF4 at that time and wasn't checking for emails that notify me on replies.

But recently I stumbled on a "BF4 funny moments" video on YT and I wanted to try to fix it again. Apparently my 4GB RAM stick at 800MHz and it can't be changed in BIOS. Found two videos from seven months ago (approximately when Win 10 anniversary update came and my error appeared) which told me to set "GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1 ; GstRender.FullscreenMode 0 ; GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality 0 or 1" in PROFSAVE_profile in "C:\Users\Me\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings". Surprise surprise it didn't work. Voodoo magic also doesn't help. 

Finally my last resort that I avoided was to uninstall and download because 30GB will take me three days at max plus the possibility that the game still won't work. Apparently the game works after downloading the base game (dlc is still being downloaded at the time of writing this).

In conclusion you have to uninstall and download again to fix this kind of error.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (694 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@MrWick108 since your'e on Win10 there's a thread for BF4 no launching after the Win10 Anniversary Update that has some good fixes:  https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/13592/bf4-not-launching-windows-10-anniversery-updat...

There's another solution for BF4 Direct X error (you may have done this one already, but if you didn't do every step suck as deleting the cab files try it again):  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD6j3xTH-vg&index=75&list=WL

And just in case you fix the Direct X error but still are perpetually joining the server in Battlelog here's the solution for the infinite joining server bug:  http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Infinite-Joining-Server-issue/m-p/5148750#U5148750

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 7 (849 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ragnarok013 Thanks for the reply but unfortunately this nut is hard to crack. I forgot to mention several more solutions: checked the settings folder (C:\Users\Filip\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings) and I think I have all the files there (meta.xml, PROFSAVE, PROFSAVE_header, PROFSAVE_profile), then followed the link you put before posting and saw that all the lines are have already set to needed values, disabled GameDVR in the Xbox app (for an issue with CS:GO) and still doesn't work. Also haven't overclocked anything ever. Other games such as CS:GO, Dota 2, Warframe, MoH:PA, CoD 4, GTA V, NFS Most Wanted 2012 work.

Message 3 of 7 (825 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Here is how i fixed it

first i tried everything that Google had to offer and many of those solutions are in this DXGI topic NONE HELPED

and than i remembered that i had similar problem with a game called "HAWKEN" in that game problem was that it was to sensitive to custom RAM timings that is DirecX 9 game after that i discovered that many DX9 games and app's are crashing with DX or GPU driver error BUT the actual problem are RAM timings so i increased timings and problems in DX9 games where solved but than BF4 problems started and my brain refused to accept that in this case RAM timing could be a problem so i tried everything and i suffered yet again and i already had a solution but i did not want to consider it because my reasoning was that BF4 is much newer and modern game to have timings problem

so after few months i gave up and changed all timing to factory default and viola no DXGI problems since

NOTE: after i changed timing to default maybe a month later DXGI error returned and i was EXTREMELY EXTREMELY angry thinking OMG what now but it turn out somehow some application or something in bios changed my RAM timing and speed without me noticing so i just changed them back and yet again enjoyed DXGI error free Battlefield 4 

Message 4 of 7 (768 Views)

★★ Novice

First of all, I want to apologize for not replying sooner. I gave up on BF4 at that time and wasn't checking for emails that notify me on replies.

But recently I stumbled on a "BF4 funny moments" video on YT and I wanted to try to fix it again. Apparently my 4GB RAM stick at 800MHz and it can't be changed in BIOS. Found two videos from seven months ago (approximately when Win 10 anniversary update came and my error appeared) which told me to set "GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 1 ; GstRender.FullscreenMode 0 ; GstRender.OverallGraphicsQuality 0 or 1" in PROFSAVE_profile in "C:\Users\Me\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings". Surprise surprise it didn't work. Voodoo magic also doesn't help. 

Finally my last resort that I avoided was to uninstall and download because 30GB will take me three days at max plus the possibility that the game still won't work. Apparently the game works after downloading the base game (dlc is still being downloaded at the time of writing this).

In conclusion you have to uninstall and download again to fix this kind of error.

Message 5 of 7 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hey... @MrWick108 @1AGRESSOR

This lin will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiJ3LmVIA48

[Am not working for EA, If is answer good pls give me XP or accept as solution.]

Thanks for using ANSWERS HQ!

Message 6 of 7 (645 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @MrWick108

I am really sorry for all those troubles with the game and for all the time it took you to download the game again. Glad to hear this issue is fixed now and you are able to play Battlefield 4. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 7 of 7 (635 Views)