Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

by darkundeadspawn

Original Post

DirectX error CreateBuffer

★★★★ Novice

Hi EA community, 

i havent even had the CHANCE to even EXPERIENCE this game yet. Everytime i get to loading screen on campaign or multiplayer it crashes and i get this directx error :

DirectX function "device->CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0,&buffer->m_buffer)"failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU:"ATI Radeon HD 3870", 

Driver: 13.9 (8.977.100.11 -130429a-158498C-ATI)

and then after i press ok a "Battlefield 4 has stopped working" error comes up aswell.

Ive been looking for a fix since i got this game on release to come to no avail. 

Here is a list of things ive tried

• Updating Drivers
  • Reinstall Directx
  • Reinstall Punkbuster
  • Reinstall VC
  • Repair Install BF4
  • A TON of obvious things (e.g running as administrator, restarting comp so on and so forth)

I understand alot of people are having similar issues with crashes but to me since they can atleast get into the actual game, they are lucky. The people who can get into the game and not crash at all are blessed. So can someone please help me fix this problem i payed $90 for this only to watch it crash.

If anyone at all has fixed this problem reply ASAP. ty for your time.

PICTURE OF THE ERROR: http://gyazo.com/be3ad07c46b987ef17d57cccf0a023b0

Message 10 of 23 (9,193 Views)

DirectX error when minimizing the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey.

I have a problem where whenever I minimize the game I receive the following error:

(DirectX function "device->CreateTexture2D( &texDesc, desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast<const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) : 0, &texture->m_texture2d)" failed with E_INVALIDARG: ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function.") GPU: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680", Driver: 33140)

I tried looking around but could only find people with the same error, except it happened when they were loading the game. For me it only happens when I minimize it, or change my options from fullscreen to windowed/borderless.

I have all the latest drivers, and I can run the game just fine, it's just when I try to minimize the game this happens.

Any suggestions for what to do?

Message 1 of 23 (9,098 Views)
Highlighted

Battlefield 4 Beta Directx Error

★★★ Newbie

DirectX Function "device->CreateTexture2D( &textDesc,desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast<constD3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData):0,&texture->m_texture2d)" failed with E_INVALIDARG("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU:"AMD Radeon HD 6670",Driver:13.10(13.20.11-130920a-162870E-ATI)

Upgraded to the latest. And battlefield 3 works just fine.

Any advice?

Message 2 of 23 (9,277 Views)

Crash on load.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

anyfixes would greatly be appreciated

Message 3 of 23 (9,034 Views)

Directx Error

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I know that this problem has been posted before me

But i have tried any solution of those threads and they didnt work

This is my error

DirectX function "device-> CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0,&buffer-> m_buffer)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to te returning function."). GPU: AMD Radeon HD5700 series" , Driver:13.11 (13.25.18-131029a-164333E-ATI)

Can somebody help me with this

Thanks in Advance

Message 4 of 23 (9,077 Views)

Battlefield 4 gives a DirectX error everytime I try to run it for either single or multiplayer

★★★ Newbie

Well the title says it all. I've installed the game and it just won't run. The message I get:

DirectX Error

DirectX function "device-> CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0, &buffer->m_buffer)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series", Driver: 13.9 (8.97.100.11-130429a-158498C-ATI)

What am I supposed to do? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 23 (9,127 Views)

Battlefield 4 Directx Error

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have a big problem like many of you: Battlefield 4 crashes all the time in the loading screen and then I get this error:

"DirectX Error

DirectX function "device-> CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0,&buffer->m_buffer)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function."). GPU: "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650", Driver: 13.9

pls help meFrown

Message 6 of 23 (9,127 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 Directx Error

★★★ Newbie
HI man i have the same issue then u sometime i can play like 1-15min without getting the error direct x and sometime i get 2-3 in row in 1min so cant play Frown i hope this issue will be fix soon because i just bought game and cant play isnt fun
Message 7 of 23 (9,116 Views)

DirectX function device failed with E_INVALIDARG

★ Novice

Could use a little help here after spending 120 bucks on you guys.

Message 8 of 23 (9,038 Views)

CANT EVEN PLAY GAME!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

anyone have a fix?

Message 9 of 23 (9,057 Views)