Direct X Error again....

by sze_nian

Original Post

Re: BF4 directx error

★★★★★ Newbie
@spudsheram - thanks a ton, that fixed the game for me. @tastedspace008 - those posts are telling people to go into the settings folder, which did not even exist for me. I was getting the DirectX error message on my very first launch of the game.
Message 10 of 105 (15,012 Views)

Re: DirectX Error

★★★ Novice

Having exact same problem, I'm almost certain that i started getting this problem after updating to windows 8.1

I'm also using nvidia card with windows 8.1 64 bit.

Message 12 of 105 (12,425 Views)

★★ Novice

Getting the same error here.

I am using ATI 7870, running the latest beta drivers (13.11 Beta).

this is my error message:

DirectX function "m_dxgiFactory->CreateSwapChain( m_device, &sd, &screen->swapChain.assignGet())" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL ("The application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before the application is released."). GPU: "AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series", Driver: 13.11 (13.25.18-131024a-164159E-ATI)

Message 13 of 105 (12,416 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi guys,

I did some digging into this and have spotted a few others that are having this problem. In my research I did come across something that has helped one or two others. Could you please try the following:

Control panel -> Time, Language and Region -> Region -> Administrative tab

Change Language for non-Unicode programs To English(US)

After changing this, try to run the game again. If I'm right you should not get that DirectX error any further.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks.

~Rick

Message 14 of 105 (23,894 Views)

★★ Novice

wow! that fix my problem.

thx earick 

i don't receive the directx error message any more

but this is kinda troublesome as I have to keep changing my non-unicode program setting

Message 15 of 105 (12,350 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the quick feedback earick! 

Your solution does indeed work!! 

On to the Battlefield I go~ :D

Message 16 of 105 (12,016 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Many games need a newer set of drivers than Microsoft is including with Windows 8.1, and in fact both AMD and nVIDIA released special Beta copy drivers especially to remedy that failure. 

Message 17 of 105 (11,975 Views)
Highlighted

Direct X Error again....

★★★ Novice

DirectX function "m_dxgiFactory->CreateSwapChain( m)device, &sd,&screen->swapChain.assignGet())" failed with DXGI_ERROR_INVALID_CALL ("The application provided invalid parameter data; this must be debugged and fixed before application is released.") GPU:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX680", Driver: 33165

I know alot ppl getting this error, i had tried everything. Only one method works, thats change system localate to English. But i need my PC to unicode for Chinese to do my work == So is there any other solution left? I had installed DirectX which consist inside ths _Installer folder.

Spec :
i7 3930K, GTX680, Window 8.1 Pro

Message 18 of 105 (11,616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you very much earick, that worked for me too.

Message 19 of 105 (11,892 Views)

★★★ Novice

It fixed but when doing work need to keep go and change the setting and restart... any alternative solution? Thanks

Message 20 of 105 (11,885 Views)