Re: Direct X error INVALIDARG

by ChazorHD

Original Post

Direct X error INVALIDARG

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

directx function "device->CreateBuffer(&dxDesc, 0,&buffer->m_buffer)" failed with E_INVALIDARG ("An invalid parameter was passed to the returning fuction. "). GPU: "ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series", Driver: 13.4 (8.97.100-130424a-156445E-ATI)

That is the error I get when I try to launch the beta. I had problems with the drivers at first but I installed the reccomended and latest drivers for my gfx card. My gfx card is old but its slightly above the minimum requirements for BF4 so I don't see a problem with the gfx card itself. I have the latest version of direct x installed, latest .NET installed and latest drivers installed. Can anyone help me out please?

Screenshot for easier read: http://gyazo.com/5ec72e7b075b77c0ca87d4c6f25a3418

Thanks for your help.

*EDIT* I have just downloaded and installed the BETA on to my laptop, which has basically the same specs as my pc, but the GFX card is a bit more updated, and I keep getting the exact same error... So this can no longer be my hardware at fault... Also many other people seem to be having this problem too... Please fix this ASAP.

*EDIT* I just uninstalled the BF4 BETA, re-downloaded, and re-installed and I am still getting the same error.

Message 1 of 288 (13,465 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I've the exact same error, with an HD 3870. I 've tried everything for 1 hour. Reinstall the pilot, directx, etc. It didn't change anything.

Message 2 of 288 (13,216 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yeah, this is kinda inconvenient considering they released the minimum system requirements to play BF4. My pc specs exceed the minimum requirements yet I can't seem to play...

Message 3 of 288 (13,205 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi There,

I am also having the same problems. At first I was getting a small error box when starting to join a server about upgrading to the latest AMD drivers, I upgraded to the 13.4 drivers. I then tried again not receiving that message but still receiving the same message as you except mine says: "GPU: AMD Radeon HD 4850". All my clan members are enjoying the beta while I sit here irritated. Please someone find a fix for this!

Message 4 of 288 (13,192 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had exactly that problem. I finally updated the drivers to 13.4, and I no longer got that error message, but instead got this error message. This is really frustrating and is actually making me consider cancelling my pre-order...even though I will be buying a new PC regardless. I just think DICE and EA could have anticipated things like this and put things in place to help solve the issues.

Message 5 of 288 (13,187 Views)

★★ Novice

I will also change the graphic card when the new amd hawaii will be released. But until that day it would be nice to play. But hey it's a beta...

Message 6 of 288 (13,171 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I am now able to get to the loading level page when joining a server for about 20 seconds but then crash with the askers error. grrr Beta

Message 7 of 288 (13,159 Views)

★★★ Novice

same Probleme here

Message 8 of 288 (13,134 Views)

★ Apprentice

So you're not getting the same error anymore?

Message 9 of 288 (13,124 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah ... Same thing here. 

Message 10 of 288 (13,123 Views)