Could someone please tell me who is responsible for BF4 Servers.

by Chronic1Thunder

Original Post

Could someone please tell me who is responsible for BF4 Servers.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I feel like a bouncing ball, Ea sends me to PlayStation and PlayStation sends me back to EA.

I spent over an hour yesterday going back and forth between EA tech support and PlayStation tech support.

Ea techs tell me that PlayStation is responsible for the game servers because PlayStation is the one who charges my credit card for the server.

So I contacted PlayStation and they told me it's the game host who is responsible for their game servers.

So who's lying me and who's telling me the truth?

Who do we turn to to get help for server issues?

Message 1 of 7 (1,040 Views)

Re: Could someone please tell me who is responsible for BF4 Servers.

★ Guide

Sorry if the following is unrelated, it does make me believe that EA is whom you contact though

(Worth checking) 

https://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/rent-a-server-program-live/

Message 2 of 7 (1,028 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey there, @Chronic1Thunder.

Sorry to hear about the experience you had with EA Support. BF4 servers on consoles are run by EA.

What issues are you having?

/Atic
Message 3 of 7 (988 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic , thank you for your reply, my issue is that I can't access my server page, every time I try to join the server menu it kicks me off and game shuts down.

I'm trying to manage admins and I can't. this been going on now for over a year.

thank goodness I don't have any rogue admins.

"An Error has occurred in the following application"

(CE-34878-0)

BF4

I initialized my PS4 countless of times deleted and installed the game countless of times, all admins can access the server's menu, I can also access the server's page with my main account but I can't manage admins, but with my server's owner account Chronic1Thunder I can't.

It's like I'm locked out of the server or something.

It doesn't allow me to save the video clip when I get booted and game shuts down, but this also happens before I get booted, I try countless of times to join the menu, but it won't let me in and after countless times it finally boots me and shuts down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-soGHgQMvdg

Console: PS4

Game: Battlefield 4

Server: Hardcore Nation Metro

Message 4 of 7 (945 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thanks Bro, didn't even know this page existed, so why would EA tech support tell me they don't support bf4 server's anymore?

I was on the phone with them for close to an hour pleading for help and all she told me was sorry for the inconvenience but we don't support bf4 server's anymore you have to contact PlayStation tech for support!!

It wasn't making any sense to me but I went with it....

Message 5 of 7 (936 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@Chronic1Thunder Unfortunately EA Support cant help anymore with BF3 - BF1 RSP servers.

It’s always a hard decision to end in-game support for one of our games. To provide in-game support we need to develop, upgrade, and maintain special tools over the lifecycle of a game.

At a certain point, those tools are needed less and less often, either because the game teams have worked to eliminate the problem we needed the tools for, or because the playerbase for the game has dwindled.

That’s when we look at ending in-game support. We will always help with game codes, account issues, and technical problems, but it makes more sense for us to develop new tools for our upcoming games than to continue to invest in offering full support for games that no longer need it.

For that PlayStation crash error you are getting did you look on the PlayStation support webbsite https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/support/error-codes/ps4/ce-34878-0/

/Atic 

Message 6 of 7 (924 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi @EA_Atic, I initialized my PS4 countless of times deleted and installed the game countless times.

In all I must of spent well over 10 hours trying to resolve the issue, with initializing ps and deleting and installing the game agin.

The error is only happening with BF4 and no other game, I can access the server's main page/menu with my main PS4 account, but I just can't manage admins.

I made up Chronic1thunder account just to run the server.

Is there any way you can make my main account as having owner privileges for the server and dump Chronic1thunder account??

I'm willing to do anything at this point.....

Message 7 of 7 (881 Views)