Re: China Rising DLC for premium use on ps3

by ParaSightPlays

Original Post

China Rising DLC for premium use on ps3

★★ Novice

So not only did i pre-order the game on PS3, which should entitle me (with my code) to the China Rising DLC when it actually drops in two weeks.

But I also spent $49.99 USD to get premium. I bought a premium upgrade expecting to get treated like i bought a premium upgrade, and lo and behold, my premium menus do not give me the option of actually downloading the China Rising map pack. It even tells me that it's been released today, but every time i try to jump onto a China Rising map, i get a window that comes up telling me to "buy premium today!"

I AM a premium member. I want my premium benefits. Why can't I download the Map pack two weeks early on the day that it says it can be downloaded, if i paid nearly fifty dollars extra specifically for this reason? Why were the servers updated today, and what was the point of the patch, if it doesn't actually change anything about my game except for the fact that i can SEE that CR servers are up, but i can't play on them?

WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD CHINA RISING!? WHY DID I PAY YOU GUYS 50 DOLLARS EXTRA? I'VE BEEN PATIENTLY WAITING FOR PATCHES TO FIX ALL NUMBER OF DEFECTS IN THE GAME, AND EVEN PAID EXTRA MONEY IN GOOD FAITH THAT MY GAME EXPERIENCE WOULD GET BETTER AND THAT I WOULD GET SOMETHING EXTRA FOR THAT MONEY I PAID, LIKE I WAS PROMISED. WHAT GIVES?

Message 1 of 33 (2,838 Views)

★★ Novice

I think it just hasnt been released in your time zone, i'm Central Time Zone and www.help.ea.com didn"t have a release time for it. It only gave the release times for GMT on PST

Message 2 of 33 (2,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This seems to be the case, I contacted the EA support and this was the only bit of information the inept customer service rep could give me, while assuring me "when the content is released in your area, you should be able to play smoothly"

I am skeptical. But I was told "China rising will release 10pm Dec 3rd to 2am Dec 4th"

Very premium treatment.
Message 3 of 33 (2,744 Views)

★★ Novice

yeah I don't feel very special... having bought premium and all

Message 4 of 33 (2,724 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Now we just need to wayt wen they will ban ours account just for saying true and shoow to world problem on BF4, my mate just for point all problems and bugs was Banned for couple days, lets see what they will do now 

Message 5 of 33 (2,714 Views)

★★ Novice

I am in pacific time zone. the update hit me at 5AM, PDT. I can even see a couple servers on ps3 running [CR] maps, and my server search options allow me to filter for maps in the [CR] pack, and for the new gamemodes.

But it doesn't show up for me at all. Even in my premium window and premium calendar, it tells me that China Rising is "OUT NOW!" but that is it. The only option I have in those menus when i bring up the content (that I'm supposedly supposed to have access to) is "press circle to go back."

So the update rolled out for me, and it tells me it's available for download now, but there's no option to actually download it.

Did the geniuses who roll these updates out just forget to enable the button that I should have to download this stuff with?

Also, a side note: Why is there a help forum like this if it's going to be so unsupported? I feel like a ton of these questions roll through here without even getting touched by EA people. Most of the good answers and fixes come from other players. So basically, is there no difference between this so-called "ANSWER HQ" and the regular battlelog forums?

Message 6 of 33 (2,658 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah im in pacific time zone also and the map pack is still not up but i can see all of the new weapons and the new maps but nowhere is a place to down load it even being a premium member all i know is call of duty has there map packs out at midnight when they set a release date

Message 7 of 33 (2,648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
www.help.ea.com said that China Rising will be released between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. PST. The update you got was just to add the servers, maps, weapons, assignments, and trophies. It had nothing to do with actually being able to download China Rising
Message 8 of 33 (2,620 Views)

★ Novice
I have the same problem guys, but this time depends on where I am or on the store where I bought the premium from? Please answer asap
Message 9 of 33 (2,594 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just a word to all you guys replying with "time updates are not for the download", please explain to me the **bleep**ing point of telling us that CR servers are running and that it is playable and advertise it globally if we can't actually do **bleep** for hours? Why give the update for servers if we can't **bleep**ing play on them!?
Message 10 of 33 (2,577 Views)