Re: Cannot install BF4 in the latest version of Origin....

by PsychoGunner_SWE

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot install BF4 in the latest version of Origin....

★★★★★ Newbie

I have been trying for a few days now to install BF4 on my new computer... and I have been re-installing Origin, running in admin mode, reg edit clean, windows permission edits... but nothing works....

But I finaly found out that  this older version of the Origin Client: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe  works. And I when i install this version of Origin the download started and everything seemd to be working.

I unchecked the auto update, but when the game starts to download a few min later I get put in offline mode and is forced to update to the latest version... THAT DONT WORK...

This is god damn frustrating when you force update * updated software that don't work...

Please tell me when you are going to fixt this issue because it is your application that don´t work.... 

"Ain´t nobody got time for this *...."

Message 1 of 5 (619 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip, I had tried cleaning out all old folders from the appdata and also the registry as well as downloaded diffrent verision of the Origin file, but with no luck :-(

But I spent time looking for solution and I found out that it was the "Origin Client Service" that was the issue.... so from "service.msc" I disabled that and the download started :-)

Thanks for the tip though :-)

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (575 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
@PsychoGunner_SWE i guess your version is somehow corrupted via download. I'm actually running the latest one and a beta one and working like a charm.
i suggest you to perform a clean install:

Try Clearing out the Origin cache:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Ensure Origin is fully closed by clicking the Origin Menu and selecting Exit.
Delete the following folders:

Origin folder - Found in C:\ProgramData\
Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\
Origin folder - Found in C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\

Note: These folders are hidden by default, and the player will need to un-hide to be able to locate them:

To unhide folders:

Type folder options in the search field in the start menu
Click on the view tab
Under the hidden folders options click show hidden files, folders, and drives- apply the setting and click ok

let me know and give xp and solved if so Standard smile
Message 2 of 5 (591 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the tip, I had tried cleaning out all old folders from the appdata and also the registry as well as downloaded diffrent verision of the Origin file, but with no luck :-(

But I spent time looking for solution and I found out that it was the "Origin Client Service" that was the issue.... so from "service.msc" I disabled that and the download started :-)

Thanks for the tip though :-)

Message 3 of 5 (576 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PsychoGunner_SWE glad you made it!
shall we mark it solved then? ty
Message 4 of 5 (566 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@OttoVP aye this can be marked as solved.
Message 5 of 5 (559 Views)