Re: Can't play battlefield 4 with three monitors

by TallonHawkz

Original Post

Can't play battlefield 4 with three monitors

★★ Novice

I have three screens, that all have different native resolutions each, but I set them up to display 1280x720 on the three, but battlefield doesn't want to let me use the three displays for the game, could anyone help?

Message 1 of 4 (1,462 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey ilw8,

I'm sure you'll be asked for specifics, especially the video card(s), driver version, OS version, etc.

I have a Nvidia GTX680 and have a similar problem.  I can only play in Window-Mode, yet stretch the window across all three monitors to get it to work.  Currently, if I try to use Nvidia's "Surround", which creates a single 5860x1080 monitor, Windows 8.1 has a fit somehow, some way.  Many threads across sites repeat the same complaint, that Nvidia hasn't gotten the grasp on Windows 8.1 and triple-monitor support.

So best config so far is to disable Surround, letting Windows 8.1 control the three monitors, in Window-Mode.  You'd think that I'd be able to do "Full Screen" at least on one monitor, but no, again I'm left with a mouse cursor, a black screen (yet still a window), and all of the sound.  Clicking on one of my other two monitors suddenly drops the window to a slightly smaller resolution, but at the menu (Resume, Options, etc.) as if I hit ESC.  Clicking anywhere in the window pops up the full-screen-window, filled with black, so I'm unable to change Options.

I've read a few threads and even did a suggested:

- DXSetup from within the Battlefield subdirectories (dont remember the exact location)

- A PunkBuster repair process

- A Battlefield 4 repair from the Origin menu.

...unfortunately, I get the same exact problem.

Wish I had more for you, but this is one headache I'm having with Windows 8.1 and my Nvidia configuration.

Message 2 of 4 (1,442 Views)

★★ Novice

Alright, System Specs time!

CPU: Intel core i7 4700HQ HASWEL@2.4Ghz (3.4 Turbo boost)
GPU: NVidia GTX 765M 2GB DDR5 VRAM
HDD: 2x500GB Western Digital 7400rpm
16GB Memory
1x laptop screen (1600x900 [running at 1280x720]), 1x ASUS VS247 (1080p, running at 1280x720), 1x Acer AL1706 (1280x1024, running at1280x720)

Driver: Nvidia driver version 332.21 WHQL with GeForce Experience

Message 3 of 4 (1,433 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has anybody come up with a fix for this?

This thread is now heading for 4 years old and I have just tried to run Mad Max over 3 screens and it only wants me to use 1 monitor, you would have thought by now there was a fix for this.

I had set up the surround graphics in Nvidia which worked fine up till starting the game, then it shut down 2 monitors and ran on 1, running in window mode isn't something I wish to do since I am left with the taskbar across the bottom and even if you auto hide it, it comes up in the middle of a game if your cursor moves there (not good when streaming).

You would think with the way modern gaming is, this would be a normal part of the game programming options by now.

Any help would be much appreciated Standard smile 

Message 4 of 4 (799 Views)