Can't get BF4 to install via physical discs, nor download via Origin

by mmxzero2002

Original Post

Re: Can't get BF4 to install via physical discs, nor download via Origin

★★★ Newbie

Hopefully this helps you...

I had problems installing from Physical Disc (didn't try download) but Disc 1 would freeze at 17% all the time and get no further, no activity on the DVD.

I decided to rip the DVDs to ISOs (I do that for a backup anyway incase the kids get their hands on them).  I then installed from the ISOs and it worked fine.  Software I used was IsoRecorder and Daemon Tools light.  You may need AnyDVD too but not sure - it runs on my PC by default so haven't tried without it.

When installing from the ISOs mounted in Daemon Tools it cruised passed 17% no probs - game installed now.

Good luck

Message 11 of 18 (822 Views)

★★★ Newbie

reinstall origin and than run setup. It's work

Message 12 of 18 (803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA , do you just realize how all this sounds absurd and ridicolous? Do you even test your games and platforms before putting them into the market? I just had to hard reboot my laptop 2 times before coming on the forums and find that the issue is becouse of YOUR product. Will you refund me if I get any system damage?

Having the original game on disc and not be able to install it... well it's better to have everyone angry for bad products trying to fight piracy (invane) instead giving a fine working game that just GO when you put the disc on.

Message 13 of 18 (528 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thanks man, EA really need to fix Origin - It's all very well having a AAA game, but if you can't install it then that's pointless. McAfee thing works (taking off real-time scanning).

@Pepsicanpan wrote:

The only fix I am aware of to the installation being stuck at around 35% when using discs is related to McAfee. If you are not a McAfee user, then I'm not sure what the hell the problem is.

However, if you do use McAfee, go and turn off Real-Time Scanning in your Security Center. This will solve the problem unless there are other issues involved. Just FYI, I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Oh, and be sure to do this before you start installing otherwise you will have to restart your computer during the installation.

Message 14 of 18 (509 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

How to fix origin:

1. get rid of it

2. partner with steam like every other developer in the world

3. profit

Message 15 of 18 (430 Views)

★★ Novice

After the latest patch (Feb 25th I think) I was having problems with BF4 freezing my whole computer "forever" after launching the game. I tried editing the user.cfg file as recommended. It only worked for a little while. I bought the disc, so I uninstalled the game from the Origin app. Then started to reinstall from the disc. I got to disc 3, 100%, then it went to 20% and froze for about 10 minutes. I googled and found this chain. After reading some of the "answers" it dawned on me that windows probaly had something to do with it. I disabled Windows Defender, and away she went. I am now downloading the updates. We'll see if the game runs as it should now. Wouldn't it be nice if EA was on Steam? Or if they had the option to "repair" install? Or if they didn't FORCE you to dl patches that break the game? Or if they could just get this crap to run correctly?

OR!!!! Have the option to boot from the game disc??? just have it run core windows services, (INCLUDED on the disc, if not already installed and available from windows) ie- start up as if it were a seperate OS. I realize this would take up more disc space than installing ontop of windows, but oh how it would / could (theroretically) run so much better.

... still waiting on DL's... over 15GB of updates / expansions... I wish I could get the ENTIRE game on one blu-ray. Or at least save the friggin downloads, so I don't have to dl them again.

PS- the spell checker doesn't seem to be working. My opollygees.

Message 16 of 18 (298 Views)

★★ Novice

Well, that didn't work. What a waste of time. It did the same thing. The exe launched, showed the loading screen with the static picture, then when it got to the map, it froze, then I eventually got kicked from the server. There must be something else going on here. I off to another forum. Good lucjk, and try disabling Windows Defender and/or other anti-anything software.

Message 17 of 18 (297 Views)

★★ Novice

After a reboot, I was able to get a few games going. It still froze on the map where you choose to spawn, but after that I was good for a few games. The problem was really only when connecting to a server. IDK if this is part of the notorious "netcode" or what. Either way, we have all spent far too much money on this game for them to be slacking like this.

Message 18 of 18 (293 Views)