Re: Can't get BF4 to install via physical discs, nor download via Origin

by BlEaCh-987

Original Post

Can't get BF4 to install via physical discs, nor download via Origin

★★ Novice

I cannot get Battlefield 4 to install/download on my pc.  I bought the digital ver. from GameStop and activated it in Origin, but the game downloads at 5 kb/s (the estimated download time is supposedly 1,110 hours at this speed). 

I've tried adding the ports for Origin, I spoke with an EA rep. (which ended-up messing-up my anti-virus software & internet access to the point that I had to do a system restore to be able to do anything on the pc).   I also tried changing the dns (from a topic on this forum) and running Origin in R&D mode (from another post in this forum), nothing fixed the download speed.  Occasionally, the dl speed goes up to @ 23 kb/s, Steam games download at @1-2 mb/s and IE works fine, so it's not my internet connection (I have a cable modem with the top speed tier from my cable provider).  Origin is the only thing that downloads at 5 kb/s, so something is messed-up with it's settings.

After trying all this stuff, I then decided to buy a disc version of the game (thinking that it would install faster).  However, the 2nd disc doesn't install at all, it just stays stuck at 35%.  I pressed OK when prompted to put the 2nd disc in, I've waited 2 hours to see if the progress bar would eventually move, nothing happened.  I've tried installing it via disc 3 times so far and I have yet to actually get the 2nd disc to install at all. 

I've now wasted @ $170 on BF4 (I bought BF4 premium too) and I have yet to be able to actually play the game (let alone install it).  Any help with getting this game to work (either via digital ver. or disc ver.) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18 (6,669 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm on PS3, the only reason I'm posting in your (PC) thread is because I had very similar problems with my first install. I stalled out at 34% during install, but after about 10 min. It continued, then finished. But now I can't play at all, The PS3 wont even recognize the disc, (other BDROM's are fine)  I'm just trying to toubleshoot to see if there is problem with the "master file" across all platforms that is causing these issues. I don't supposed you have any method to check the "quality" of your install disc's.

Message 2 of 18 (6,632 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I can only load autoplay via disc 1, disc 2 doesn't have any program I can open to continue the installation manually, so there's no way for me to check out the disc's content.  It is recognized as being in my dvd drive, so at least that's something.

If anyone knows how to fix my problem, please let me know.

Thanks.

Message 3 of 18 (6,626 Views)

★★ Novice

The only fix I am aware of to the installation being stuck at around 35% when using discs is related to McAfee. If you are not a McAfee user, then I'm not sure what the hell the problem is.

However, if you do use McAfee, go and turn off Real-Time Scanning in your Security Center. This will solve the problem unless there are other issues involved. Just FYI, I had the same problem and this worked for me.

Oh, and be sure to do this before you start installing otherwise you will have to restart your computer during the installation.

Message 4 of 18 (6,622 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Actualy it might be your antivirus issue. I just get my new laptop MSI GE70 20E last week. And i also install BF4 with a physical disc.
First time i install, it even stuck on disc 1 20% and ask me to insert disc 1. So i end the task and reinstall, same problem again.
So i just turn off my Norton Internet security firewall and auto protect.
This time, the installation gone smooth all the way.

ps. Turn off the anti virus before you want to play the game as most of time the anti virus had issue with certain file in the game folder.

Message 5 of 18 (6,601 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i had the same problem, could not install with a physical disc. tried to download a digital copy of it and the speed was 140kbps average. talked to a rep witch none of that helped. i tried installing the game on an old laptop and it worked. copyed the data off the laptop to my desktop and it works sorta. i can play campaine just fine offline. but multiplayer online just gives me an error saying i dont have origin installed whitch i do. so im still waiting to play a multiplayer match.

Message 6 of 18 (6,591 Views)

★★★★ Novice

First of all, u need to deactivate the origin on your old laptop as BF4 only work on 1 PC.
If you install on the first PC, then only that PC have the right to access online as when you install BF4, it will request you to key in product code, that is the time when it bond the game to ur PC. Unless you deactivate the old PC, you wont be able to play online on the other PC. This is what normally all the charged online game do to prevent people exploit the issue of copying a folder to other PC. The code of your BF4 will act as a online game pass. Without it surely you wont be able to play online

Message 7 of 18 (6,583 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hey, i cannot get bf4 installed via physical discs, when i insert them it only takes me to the origin download link.
so in other way my 3 discs are useless.

how did u get bf4 installed via physical discs??

Message 8 of 18 (6,439 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the disc version and i pu the first disc in and followed the instructions and eventualy it just started downloading it from the web i was like waaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 9 of 18 (5,703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

and me

Message 10 of 18 (5,552 Views)