Re: Can't connect to servers Battlefield 4 PC

by 2042isNotBF

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to servers Battlefield 4 PC

★★ Novice

I'm connecting to servers and tex appears:  

We're sorry, it looks like your game didn't start properly.

Please follow the steps below and try start the game after each one:

• Restart Origin
  • Repair the game in Origin
  • Restart your computer

Nothing helps. Reinstalling did not help

Message 1 of 12 (73,029 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Hi MrBlackSnowRus you can try this I hope it will help you.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 & BF3 issues. Did I try and help you @ all? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (85,196 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi MrBlackSnowRus you can try this I hope it will help you.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

________________________________________________________________________________

I do NOT work for EA , I am just a gamer who will try to help another gamer on PC fix BF4 & BF3 issues. Did I try and help you @ all? Reward me with a XP. If I solved your question please hit Accept As Solution on my post so others know it worked.

Message 2 of 12 (85,197 Views)

★★ Guide

Hello MrBlackSnowRus,

If you are using an Anti-Virus (e.g. Comodo Internet Security), please try to disable it and try run the game again.

Alternatively, you can disable Origin Cloud. You can see how to do that by clicking here. Follow the steps in the tutorial but make sure you untick the box.

Looking forward to your reply.

-----------------------------------------
If you believe that this answer was helpful, please click the XP button right down below. If this solution worked then accept this post as solution.

Message 3 of 12 (72,892 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Thank you . I deleted BF4 folder in my Documents and the game starts

Message 4 of 12 (72,861 Views)

★ Novice

İ did everythig ike you said guys... i did everything.. reinstall game, reinstall origin.. reinstall my broser's.... everything.. but still not work !
http://i.hizliresim.com/ZJlVEA.jpg 
you can see my problem guyys.. i need help

Message 5 of 12 (62,046 Views)

★ Novice

dude just look this error..  i did your steps .. all steps.. still cant connect game 
http://i.hizliresim.com/ZJlVEA.jpg

Message 6 of 12 (62,045 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Don't know how well this will help anyone and this might really suck and annoy, but this maybe the solution. We all know that the Origins tech service with the windu, hindu people are. "dank yoo, now hab yoo tried turning it oon and of again" we all know that is a load of *. They sent me 3 messages through email on how to fix the same problem "ERROR: you have been disconnected from the service, please check your internet or try again later" knowing that if you do that, it still wont work. well, without further eduew, screw it idk how to spell that lol:

First you need to go where Origins was originally download whether it be in main hardrive or other installed hardrive.

right click on the app and go to properties.

you need to not only in compatibility mode change the compatibility to run in windows 7, but also as administrator.

so check the box to run as administrator and then check box to run compatibility for windows 7 instead of 8, because origin doesn't have a patch for 10 yet, that's why.

Lastly, guys, trust me when i say this because its so unbelievable but roll with it give it a go cause this also might be the problem, because all 3 of these were for me and i got BF4 to work again. replace your WiFi(whatever it is that you use) mine is a WiFi adapter, it burnt out so would allow me to watch Netflix without pause, seems like internet is working right? wrong, it died for split seconds and then would spark to life, very unnoticeable. so if you got to, do all 3 and you may yet again see the sun glare into your eyes as missiles fly, your enemies fall and your team pressed forward to victory, good luck and may EA and Origins fates end so someone else can takeover and do what they failed to do and help the people that bought they're game.

Message 7 of 12 (61,525 Views)

★★★ Novice

late to the problem party but anyway.....................

to get this working i had to verify my email in Origin. 

also Try using another username in the account settings - you could have a ban by some * admin even when not cheating.

Nothin else worked btw concerning port opening etc

Message 8 of 12 (59,140 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You're awesome Zorlacc... Thanks...

Message 9 of 12 (54,666 Views)

★★ Novice

Wish you could come over and fix my bf4 I have been trying for 4 years and can not get it to work. EA is no help at all. But they are good at taking your money.

Message 10 of 12 (49,241 Views)