Can't connect to EA servers on ps4

by Geoffthegiraffe8

Original Post

Can't connect to EA servers on ps4

★★★ Novice

For a couple of days now, every time I log into bf4 and try and use any online features i get the message "You must be signed in to PSN[SM] and EA servers to access online features.".  I am logged in to PSN fine and can use the account with other games so it must be the EA server bit. The account has lots of playtime on it and was working fine about a week ago.

Message 1 of 24 (88,502 Views)

Re: Can't connect to EA servers on ps4

EA Staff

@Geoffthegiraffe8 Do you still have PlayStation Plus subscription? Subscription would be required for online game play.

If you do the PS+, try logging in to Oring.com using the EA account that is linked to your PSN ID and check connected accounts, this should make sure the account are properly linked. 

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 24 (88,403 Views)

★★★ Novice

I redid my PS+ subscription about a month ago and as i say, online features are working in other games like normal. 

I had been about to update my earlier post, after about 20 minutes of sitting on the menu and trying online features occasionally it did actually connect to the EA servers out the blue, even if it was quite slow, and I was able to play a couple of games online. This would suggest that my EA account is still linked correctly to my PSN id.

A couple of hours later when I tried to go in again however, I was faced with exactly the same problem, just as it has happened everytime I have opened the game in the last few days. I didn't change anything my end apart from downloading the naval strike expansion when it was free on sale so I assume it must be a problem at EA's end.

Any solution would be very much appreciated as I can't really play the game at the moment.

Message 3 of 24 (88,400 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 24 (88,387 Views)

EA Staff

@Geoffthegiraffe8  In this case it sounds like it might be a connection issue. Could you please try the steps in the following thread: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PS4-Troubleshooting-Guide/td-p/2010707

Message 5 of 24 (88,381 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue on PS4. When i try to connect to the BF4 servers it says that I've lost connection to the server, and when I try to connect to Battlefront it says I'm not connected to the PSN. I can still play other games just fine, it's only EA games that I'm having a problem with.

Message 6 of 24 (88,372 Views)

EA Staff

@Im_Fat_42O69 Did you get a chance to try the steps I linked to in my post above?

Thanks!

Message 7 of 24 (88,369 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I don't understand the thing with the ports, but everything else is fine on my PS4. I've put over 1,000 hours into this game on the same system but now all of a sudden as of 2 days ago it won't work.

Message 8 of 24 (88,368 Views)

EA Staff

@Im_Fat_42O69 For more information on ports and how top open them, please check the following article: http://help.ea.com/en-us/help/FAQ/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues

Message 9 of 24 (88,356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I forwarded all the ports and it's still not working.

Message 10 of 24 (88,353 Views)