Can't connect to EA Online on any game (PS3)

by AMUrungus

Original Post

Can't connect to EA Online on any game (PS3)

★★★ Newbie

I have one of the CECH-4001c 500gb PS3's. I've tried to connect to EA Online while playing Madden 09 and received the message "Cannot connect to EA Servers". I wrote this off as the game being 5 years old and possibly no servers still existing for it. A few weeks later I got $50 and bought BF4 off the PSN Store via my PS3. I let the download run and left my PS3 alone. Within a few hours I was installing the game had no problems whatsoever doing so. But when I start BF4 and try to connect to Multiplayer or just the Battlelog I receive the message "The connection to EA Online has been lost". I've NEVER connected to EA Online. I've never downloaded this game on another PS3 or tried to log in with another profile after downloading it to my personal PS3 profile. 

Is there something I can do to be able to ever play multiplayer? It was the sole reason I bought this game and because it's a digital game I can't even return it for store credit. I know the issue doesn't lie with my internet connection because I can play COD MW3 & Black Ops 2 multiplayer with no issues at all. I have a near T1 internet connection. I mean I downloaded BF4 in 2 1/2 hours. So please can anyone tell me how to connect to multiplayer on BF4? If this is a consistent problem then I see no point in wasting the money on any EA games that are online driven. 

Message 1 of 6 (29,768 Views)

Re: Can't connect to EA Online on any game (PS3)

Community Manager (retired)

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select Network Settings
  4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Turn off the Media Service connection can slower your PS3 internet connection (especially for downloading).

Please enable the following online ports on your connection:
TCP: 80, 443, 9988, 10000-10100, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016
For specific instructions on how to open your ports, please visit http://www.portforward.com/ or contact your router manufacturer.

Cheers
Basti

Message 2 of 6 (29,693 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

EA_Bastian:

I'm sure you bothered to read the question posted by AMUrungus, so I'm curious as to why you decided to ignore the part where he said, " I know the issue doesn't lie with my internet connection because I can play [other online multiplayer games, not by EA] with no issues at all." It seems that you are making a habit of blaming the EA server issues on absolutely everything except yourselves. Have you guys considered using other servers so that this issue does not keep happening? I, like many others, have also experienced extremely frustrating disconnections, more often than not, in the middle of long multiplayer matches that result in the forfeit of any rewards earned. I'd expect this kind of inattentive work from free online games; but at the price you demand for your products, I (also like many others) will likely never buy any multiplayer games offered by EA until I hear about a dramatic change in the attention given to your servers.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 6 (28,461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i too can not get onto EA servers, but i have a different problem, I CANT GET ON ANY servers and i come up with different errors. Example, GT6 (gran turismo 6) I try to go to an open lobby and i get either error code 1250 or error code 1146, does anyone have any idea what they could be i have tried everything i can but i dont seem to be able to get onto anything. 

Message 4 of 6 (28,284 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

ME TOO PLS HELP

Message 5 of 6 (23,399 Views)

EA Community Manager

Necropost - if you do experience an issue with a game, please create a new thread with information specific to your problem, that will help identify the root cause easier. Thank you!

Message 6 of 6 (23,291 Views)