Can't connect to BF4 Servers

by Sweeby2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't connect to BF4 Servers

★ Novice

So I tried playing BF4 again but every time I try to join a Server i have long loading times, like 10 minutes or something like that and after waiting for that long it just freezes and i get kicked to the main menu with a message that i couldnt connect to the server.

I have already tried reinstalling the game

Restarting my PC

Setting all textures to low

And i have already tried to do these things: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Tech Specs:
Windows 10
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400

Cheers

Message 1 of 13 (1,948 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't connect to BF4 Servers

Community Manager

@Sweeby2 

Thanks for following up!

Have you had a chance to try setting a different DNS in Windows to see if that makes any difference at all? I've seen some cases in the past where using a different DNS can help with similar issues. 

You can update the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more information on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can enter a DNS of your choosing. I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Please let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 13 (1,876 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Sweeby2

Are you still running into the same issues when you're trying to connect? If so, is this happening when you're trying to join a specific server, or is it happening with all of them? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 13 (1,916 Views)

★ Novice

Hello

Yes im still running into the same issue, I tried using an app called Smart Port forwarding but that only helped once and i got disconnected again after the map changed. And no it happens on all Servers but sometimes i get lucky and i dont get disconnected after some tries.

Message 3 of 13 (1,899 Views)

Community Manager

@Sweeby2 

Thanks for following up!

Have you had a chance to try setting a different DNS in Windows to see if that makes any difference at all? I've seen some cases in the past where using a different DNS can help with similar issues. 

You can update the DNS through the Windows TCP/IP Settings. For more information on how to get there check out the Microsoft Support website. If you choose the Manual option you can enter a DNS of your choosing. I usually go with the public Google DNS (primary DNS: 8.8.8.8; secondary DNS: 8.8.4.4), but if there's a different DNS you would rather use instead that's OK as well. 

Please let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks again. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 13 (1,877 Views)

★ Novice

Yes it worked i can finally connect to servers and play normal plus the loading times are now normal and not so long.
Thank you very much for your help.

Sweeby

Message 5 of 13 (1,865 Views)

Community Manager

@Sweeby2 

Excellent! Thanks for letting me know. I'm glad to hear it's working now. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 13 (1,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent Hi im having the same problem but im on pa4
Message 7 of 13 (1,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Kent *ps4
Message 8 of 13 (1,706 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @WinstenWolf

Apologies for the delayed reply on this. Are you still running into the same problem when you're trying to play BF4? Have you had the chance to try any of the troubleshooting steps that were mentioned earlier in this thread? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 9 of 13 (1,587 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent I'm on ps4 and i keep on loosing my connection on battlefield 4 please try to fix the situation for me and thank you
Message 10 of 13 (1,428 Views)