Re: Can't access your BF4 Premium DLC? Solutions here for the Xbox One!

by laggymercenary

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't access your BF4 Premium DLC? Solutions here for the Xbox One!

★★★ Newbie

Ok so I also was one of the people who could not access any of my premium map packs for Battlefield 4. It was driving me insane and I looked through the store and everything to find out why it said I didn't have it or it was missing. Here is a solution for anyone on the Xbox One who is having problems with the DLC portion! Please share this with others so everyone can fix their problems too:

1) Hover over your Battlefield 4 icon on the dashboard.

2) Once hovering, press your Menu button (the one with three lines; start, etc.). Click on "Show all add-ons".

3) Once you have clicked on that, you should come to a screen that shows your add-ons. Click on your Premium icon.

4) After you have clicked it, you should get a screen saying you have it installed/ or has not been installed yet. (The screen has a picture of Battlefield 4 Premium on the left and another picture with the caption above it saying "compatible with" on the right)

5) Now scroll to the right where you will see Premium's content and what comes with it for the DLCs. It should say "Add-ons" at the top of three pictures each captioned with the DLC names including the Premium.

6) Click on the DLC you need to install (that the game said you never had which in my case was Second Assault), and then click INSTALL!

And there you have it! Unfortunately the HTML for this post wouldn't let me upload the images for the steps, but if you have questions post them here. I saw many posts relating to this problem and when I found out how to fix it I got so overwhelmed with joy I had to share this with you guys. I hope this helps with your problems! Happy Gaming!

Message 1 of 30 (109,676 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice
Try to uninstall the whole game and any expansions you have, then reinstall the base game and BEFORE you load the game up, follow my initial instructions of downloading then for free from the store. Then attempt to load it up. If you still experience issues, I'm afraid I don't know as this is what worked for me!

View in thread

Message 15 of 30 (67,792 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

i did everything outlined in your post yet im still not able to access all of the online multi player content

each time i attempt to access the "Air Superiority" game mode i get a message saying that im missing some DLC

can u help??

Message 2 of 30 (109,232 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The problem for me is that the premium doesn't show up on my screen at all. The word "premium" dissapears and so does the premium icon.

Message 3 of 30 (108,729 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I have bought the enture "premium package" for BF4, downloaded it, but when I try to join a server, it tells me that I need to "download the required DLC" 

i've looked everywhere for a solution, even uninstalled all DLC and re-installed it....

this is testing my patience.

MaccaD1

Message 4 of 30 (107,484 Views)

★★★ Newbie

for those that havent figured it out, go to the xbox store (where you purchased premium from) click on premium again. Then scroll to the right and click on add ons. Then you can download all the DLC

Message 5 of 30 (106,501 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cant download it coz i have it but still cant play it. Any suggestion?

Message 6 of 30 (105,945 Views)

★★★ Newbie
When I click to play the online feature it says I have to purchase it I then click that and it says that it is stored in my games and apps
Message 7 of 30 (94,192 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Hey I'm having the same
Issue. I can login to battle log
And it shows
I'm premium there, can even use the dlc gear. But when on the console, on the battlefield 4 home menu screen, it doesn't say premium and it doesn't allow me to search any dlc maps in any playlists. I've deleted all my data on my hard drive, reloaded the disc all the promoted downloads that are required upon rebooting, and still. No premium content.....
Message 8 of 30 (90,997 Views)

@cgnius wrote:

i did everything outlined in your post yet im still not able to access all of the online multi player content

each time i attempt to access the "Air Superiority" game mode i get a message saying that im missing some DLC

can u help??

Sometimes doing a hard reset of your Xbox One will solve issues like this. Hold the glowing "X" button until your console shuts down, then reboot it, and the console will go through the long boot up process.  After you reach the dash board try playing BF4 again.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 9 of 30 (90,963 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You have to go into the add ons and manually download every map pack. The premium makes them free you just have to install
Message 10 of 30 (89,365 Views)