Re: Can someone help me understand the BF4 network graph?

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can someone help me understand the BF4 network graph?

★ Guide

Since upgrading my PC with a new MB, CPU and Ram I have been having huge lag spikes while playing BF4.  At first I thought they were related to the CPU, MB or ram.  After watching the BF4 network graph I believe the issue is related to my network connection.  Before going further I can say with the old system I never had this sort of problem.  I never looked at the graph back then, but I can say I saw nothing like the lag spikes I have been getting.  So I am very convinced the lag spikes are in some way related to my upgrade.  Maybe the new MB's LAN  adapter.  I made sure to have the latest LAN drivers.

Here is a network  graph from a game yesterday.

2019-01-18_16-17-28.jpg

It is difficult for me to read this graph as I have trouble with colors.  What I think I see are huge spikes in the Srvoffset(ms) every time I have a lag spike.

Can someone help me understand this graph so I can fix this problem.

Message 1 of 2 (1,437 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey @Tha_Growler, thanks for all the information and screenshots. Standard smile

Looking at the graph you have packed loss also, so you are losing data to the server. I recommend to start off with our network troubleshooting guide. Standard smile

Let us know if that works and what you tried!

/Atic 

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (1,396 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @Tha_Growler, thanks for all the information and screenshots. Standard smile

Looking at the graph you have packed loss also, so you are losing data to the server. I recommend to start off with our network troubleshooting guide. Standard smile

Let us know if that works and what you tried!

/Atic 

Message 2 of 2 (1,397 Views)