CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH SQUAD IN CHAT PC

by antonwearsakilt

Original Post

CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH SQUAD IN CHAT PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i can hear the game and all of the noises, except for teammates talking or if i try to talk nothing, it happens in bf1 and bf4, my headset is working the mic is not muted anywhere i know of on the pc, and when i test that the headset/s are working not in game everything works as it should.
load up origin go to play bf1/bf4 and no mic, any ideas would be helpfull

[Edit: Caps Lock removed]

Message 1 of 6 (3,109 Views)

Re: CAN'T COMMUNICATE WITH SQUAD IN CHAT PC

Hero (Retired)

Hello @antonwearsakilt

Make sure you have enabled Voice Chat in game settings, perhaps you missed something else.  Also, try to reinstall Realtek Audio driver https://goo.gl/FYVhYS  or reinstall/update driver for your  audio devices.

Message 2 of 6 (3,065 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @antonwearsakilt

I am really sorry for those issues with sound in Battlefield 4. Let us know if @IIPrest0nII advise helped you solve this, or if you are still in need of assistance. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 6 (3,041 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@antonwearsakilt Same happens to me, I can't figure it out, new Razer headset, I've even reinstalled game and nothing. Absolutely zero comms from squad or team...I can talk just fine on Discord, Zoom and all others sites but never with BF4...totally frustrating. Did you ever fix the problem? Any advise? Thank you
Message 4 of 6 (2,165 Views)

★ Pro
@FastWartHogg
I know this Topic will get locked down for 'Necroposting' But I'm personally sick and tiered to death of seeing Clone Posts.

Possible Solution to your issue:
Check that VOIP is set to 'ON' in your Game Settings (I think it's under Audio). That should resolve the matter. If it doesn't then keep reading, if it does work though, then ignore the rest of what I've said.

If you're with Friends on Origin Client, then just use that as your comms channel to avoid cut-out between sessions.

Something else to note, you're using a RAZOR Product, don't expect it to play ball all of the time. I don't think RAZOR use Generic Drivers, meaning the Game might not be even registering that the Headset even exists.

Recommendation: Use Corsair VOID PRO, as I know for a fact it works on any OS and even PS3/PS4/XBOX1 and so on. The Corsair VOID PRO is better value for money in my opinion, I would definitely recommend it to anyone. Note, I'm on about the Wired Version, since that is what I use. I use my Corsair VOID PRO for multiple systems of different OS types, not had any issues with it in Audio Jack or USB Connections (it comes with a USB Adaptor). I use this product on BF4 on both PC and PS4 Systems.
Message 5 of 6 (2,135 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

I would argue its better then responding to people that posted X years ago.

/Atic
Message 6 of 6 (2,087 Views)