Re: CAN NOT LOG INTO BATTLELOG

by Carbonic

Original Post

CAN NOT LOG INTO BATTLELOG SOME ONE ANSWER ME FFS

★★★★ Novice

THIS IS THE 100TH TIME ASKING FOR REASONS WHY I CANT LOG INTO BATTLE LOG

PAGE CANT NOT BE DISPLAYED

I FOLLOWED ALL ADVICE ON ORIGIN AND EA CONCERNING CONNECTIVITY. I EVEN CHECKED ISP AND REFORMATTED AND UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED ETC ETC

NOTHING

OVER WEEK NOW CANT LOG IN CANT PLAY

WHAT A WASTE OF 40 QUID

EA YOU SUCK DONKEY **bleep** AS FAR AS GAMING IS CONCERNED

LAST TIME I BUY FROM YOU CHEERS

Message 1 of 14 (1,789 Views)

Re: CAN NOT LOG INTO BATTLELOG SOME ONE ANSWER ME FFS

[ Edited ]
Hero

Can you take a screenshot and perhaps explain the problem in some detail using less CAPS?

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 14 (1,781 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right it is very simple to explain and there is no need for a screen shot to be honest.

I log into Origin, it loads up and shows me my games i.e. BFBC2 and BF4.

I click play on BF4.......I get "This page can not be displayed" and underneath it tells me to check the Battlelog address and make sure its correct and to make sure that my internet is on etc and SSL or TSL are switched on.

I have tried to go direct to the Battlelog server page. Which I can access, I see a list of servers, but when I sign into Battlelog it goes back to "this page can not be displayed".

I have in the process followed all of Origins advice on connectivity and sign in problems. As a result I have removed old permissions in firewall etc. I have uninstalled Origin and BF4. I have defragged, then reinstalled the game, which installs Origin, I let it up date itself, then click play only to receive "this page can not be displayed".

I have since then gone through all the possible problems including contacting my ISP. However they tell me everything is fine which it is as I can access any other game and any other website you care to mention.

I have since reformatted the machine and gone through every process above.

I have power cycled the modem as well.

I have also tried installing on another machine. Just to be double and triple sure its not me. And would you believe "THIS PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" no matter what way I try to log in.

So.....as it stands other than giving you a screen shot of explorer showing you "THIS PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" with check the battlelog address below it, there is nothing to show.

I don't have a gfx issue, and I am not complaining about crashes, this is purely a log in issue. Which has been going now since the game first updated.

As a result of this total EA fiasco, they can kiss my **bleep** as they will never ever get me to buy another game, I don't care if they sprinkle game discs with gold dust. They can go piss in the wind.

Message 3 of 14 (1,756 Views)

★★ Novice

Explorer as in Internet Explorer? Try a different browser.

Message 4 of 14 (1,752 Views)

Hero

It sounds like you are using Internet Exploerer in the "metro interface" style which you should never do, but it's hard to see which is why I wanted a screenshot.

Also some of the things you have tried don't make a lot of sense. Made sure SSL was turned on¿? And don't even know what "TSL" should be.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 14 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok,

no I am not using internet explorer metro ui. Using standard explorer. I have tried using other browsers.

It says :

This page can't be displayed
  • Make sure the web address https://battlelog.battlefield.com is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
  • Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security
  • Check that all network cables are plugged in.
  • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
  • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
  • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
  • Restart your router.
Fix connection problems

There is the TLS and SSL bit I was on about.....

And if anyone had been bothered to read I have already followed all the advice given about any Origin and BF4 connection problems.

So one more time:

I updated origin after playing two days of crashing buggy games. Not complaining about bugs and crashes here btw.

Since then I get the above message.

I checked my firewall. Deleted old permissions, added new permissions. Still same message. I turned off my fire wall and tried again, same thing.

I checked the above with my internet TSL SSL protocols. All ok there. I checked with ISP provider all ok there. Remember I have no problems with explorer or any other browser for using the net or accessing any other games. Steam also runs fine.

I can load and login to Origin. It displays both battlefield games BFBC2 and BF4. If I click on BF4 and up pops the PLAY button, I click and I get the above message.
like this
This page can't be displayed
  • Make sure the web address https://battlelog.battlefield.com is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.
  • Make sure TLS and SSL protocols are enabled. Go to Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Settings > Security
  • Check that all network cables are plugged in.
  • Verify that airplane mode is turned off.
  • Make sure your wireless switch is turned on.
  • See if you can connect to mobile broadband.
  • Restart your router.
Fix connection problems

I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the game, updated it, after deleting the old permissions first, I allowed all the new permissions as it updated and installed and tried to access the net. Once installed and updated I click play and same thing.

I try the actual Battlelog site, I can see all the servers, but if I log in I get the same message.

Now I can log into origin, go offline and play the campaign. If I then turn origin back on, I have tried connecting to Battlelog through the tag on the right of the screen while in the game and it will not connect to Battlelog.

Now as I have explained, I have tried every possible thing. I have no issue with BFBC it runs fine. I play other games and they run fine. This is the only problem I have, and it started as soon as the game updated for the first time.

So lets be clear, it don't work using any browser.
And it don't work no matter how I set my firewall or permissions
There is nothing wrong with my modem
There is nothing wrong with my ISP
there is nothing wrong with my internet settings.
This is purely down to Origin and Battlelog and EA and their crap game code.

So instead of people looking at me as the source of the connection problem, look to EA please. I do not have a problem with my pc. Its well maintained and runs perfectly for anything else. only BF 4 is the problem.
Message 6 of 14 (1,682 Views)

Hero

The gamecode should and cannot affect your ability to show the homepage. So, we have to put aside everything about the game and first try and figure out why the devil that webpage is not showing. Here's what I'm suggesting:

• I would still like a screenshot
  • Try to perform a traceroute to battlelog.battlefield.com and post a link to the result here. You can see how to do it here: https://help.ea.com/article/how-to-uo-trace
  • Check if something is wrong in your hosts file. You can see here how: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/27350/
    You can also link to it here if you want me to look it over.
  • Now you explain that you could not connect using the broadband on your phone? Did you remember to turn wifi off? And can the phone access the site on the wifi? and how about off?
  • Have you tried circumventing your router, ie. connecting your computer directly to the internet if possible?

carbonic signature

Message 7 of 14 (1,661 Views)

CAN NOT LOG INTO BATTLELOG

★★★★ Novice

I have since uninstalled the game, after deleting old permissions in firewall. I have defragged the pc and reinstalled. Origin updated and it now logs in. Not changed anything else on pc.

Not trying to be funny but that is nothing to do with my machine or anything I am running. I still suggest that Origin and Battlelog are the issue, and something is going on when it updates. Cos this only started when it first updated.

Anyway this experience does not inspire confidence in EA. You have a lot of cheesed off customers.

Message 8 of 14 (1,651 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm confused, are you able to log in after the steps you took?

btw I know how you feel.

Message 9 of 14 (1,647 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Oh well, I hope you figure it out. I'm not going to try anymore if you just ignore my suggestions because you feel more comfortable blaming EA.

carbonic signature

Message 10 of 14 (1,633 Views)