Bright particle effect (Possibly Bloom) Unable to see anything BF4

by Gustoril

Original Post

Bright particle effect (Possibly Bloom) Unable to see anything BF4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

There seems to be an issue that my friends and I are experiencing with the graphics in game.

Its Highly noticeable on operation locker, on the outside part and the light transition from inside to outside.

--Some scenarios--

Looking outside from within the building, the outside will be nothing but a WHITE screen, as I approach the outside the light begins to fade (Slightly)

When standing outside, the snow is extremely bright and illuminant (blinding) also the snow particles that move across the screen simply block my view because its nothing but a solid white image.

I also have difficulty using a scope due to the scope becoming completely white when viewing through it. Though when unscoping and re-scoping quickly, I can see again for a brief moment and then the blinding light returns over time. 

I had this issue on BFBC2 but that was easily fixed due to editing a file graphic variable.

Anyone recognize this issue and possibly have a solution?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv1iiwz1HRs This video shows some of the effects.

Message 1 of 3 (5,760 Views)

Re: Bright particle effect (Possibly Bloom) Unable to see anything BF4

★★ Novice

Now, I am no expert, but I believe that when you exit Operation Locker and go outside, there is supposed to be a blinding white that does not allow you to see enemies very well when entering or exiting. It is on both sides, and it is aesthetic as well as acts as a wall that you can walk through, but cant see through.  It will fade away, as you have mentioned, when you walk through it. Now with the scope problem that BFBC2 footage, that must be a setting error, he may have his gamma or brightness on too high, other than that I can not think what it could be except a bad install, or video card drivers or Catalyst or Nvidia Control Panel settings (King of run-on sentences here). What I would recommend is reinstalling the game. If that is not an option, set the video settings to default, try setting your GPU videocard provider's control panel. It may be helpful if you tell me your computer specs, such as CPU, GPU, RAM, and video settings. Thanks, hope I have helped clear things up.

Message 2 of 3 (4,499 Views)

Re: Bright particle effect (Possibly Bloom) Unable to see anything BF4

★★ Novice

Now, I am no expert, but I believe that when you exit Operation Locker and go outside, there is supposed to be a blinding white that does not allow you to see enemies very well when entering or exiting. It is on both sides, and it is aesthetic as well as acts as a wall that you can walk through, but cant see through.  It will fade away, as you have mentioned, when you walk through it. Now with the scope problem that BFBC2 footage, that must be a setting error, he may have his gamma or brightness on too high, other than that I can not think what it could be except a bad install, or video card drivers or Catalyst or Nvidia Control Panel settings (King of run-on sentences here). What I would recommend is reinstalling the game. If that is not an option, set the video settings to default, try setting your GPU videocard provider's control panel. It may be helpful if you tell me your computer specs, such as CPU, GPU, RAM, and video settings. Thanks, hope I have helped clear things up.

Message 3 of 3 (4,498 Views)