Re: Borderless mode in BF4

by Carkasjak

Original Post

★★★ Novice

@KillerKooK wrote:

Was reading reddit and it looks like they have a fix for it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1q14lo/borderless_mode_is_absolutely_broken/

I knew it, it DID reset to 1280 x 720 by default

Psht, good thing it was figured out.

Message 21 of 29 (1,376 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thabks for posting killerkook, i look forward to the patch to fix this and many other issues
Message 22 of 29 (1,367 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Strongdoctor wrote:

Open game, CTRL-SHIFT-ESC(task manager), under Programs/Tasks/whatever (not processes), right click BF4 and press Maximize. This will maximize the window in borderless windowed mode.

OR

Switch to "Windowed", Apply, switch back to Borderless, apply.

Thanks. This is the only workaround thus far that has been helpful. It's less annoying to do this every map change than toggling between fullscreen and borderless. I really wish they'd provide a working game out of the box, though. We shouldn't have to use workarounds at all.

Message 23 of 29 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

mine just flashes on the screen all black and i cant see anything and it sucks. (in borderless mode)

Message 24 of 29 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I am not sure if they have fixed it...That post was 3 months ago so I guess they have, but mine still has the problem... Frown

Message 25 of 29 (878 Views)

★★★ Novice

You broke it again.

Message 26 of 29 (869 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Yes, they broke it again with February patch. But this time to the point than even Realmware's BF4 Settings Editor is not able to fix it. Amateurs.

As a workaround use the following steps:

- open options

- go to "video" tab

- choose "windowed mode"

- when it asks to confirm the changes, click "NO"

Now, it will stay bordeless for the current BF4 session. In addition, following this method EXACTLY will allow you to alt-tab from the game, which DICE broke together with bordeless mode. It is also the fastest workaround.

Message 27 of 29 (865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

i'm glad i have this thread as a resouce to start out with.

i missed the release of BF4 and by dumb luck i started 2013 Thankgiving weekend. and as a result it was fixed in less than a week. But now it is bak. Frown

i've used two or more screens for 16 years. 1 for video games and the other(s) for Desktop stuff. nothing i've tried since the Feb patch has resolved it. (The problem as described on the initial Post on this Thread.) Frown

and dag, when it worked from Dec 2013 thru January 2014 it was perfect. so, why, why, why, why, why DICE?

are u playing with us?

come on DICE! ALL ppl with mutiple monitors have this problem now.

Couldn't you have simply tested the Febuary Patch on a PC with multiple monitors?

All users of Multiple monitor setups (1 for Video Games and 1 or more for desktop) use BORDERLESS Option for BF4.

If u had tested multiple monitors with BORDERLESS Option enabled, on the Febuary Patch you would have seen the problem, DICE!

Come on, man! Fire the guy(s) responsible for not properly testing the Patch. Because maybe that way more emplyees of yours will improve at their jobs.

It is rediculous to think that something as simple as something you already remedied should be overlooked. The time and effort spent already fixing it (and now fixing it again) should make you set a mandatory Quality Control policy within the DICE BF4 division. It's like somebody driving over the side of a mountain and somehow surviving; while destroying a company vehicle; then asks to be forgiven only to wind up repeating the same thing a couple months later AND you forgive him, DICE. AGAIN?! The first time, yes. It's just fine to forgive a 1st mistake. But NOT the second time. Because, we're talking about Professionals. And NOT amatures. Amatures do not get paid to do something. And Professionals earn a living, doing something. So fire these (not so) Professionals responsible for this blunder. The lack of Quality Control on the Febuary Patch is not acceptable. Yes, it could have been a much bigger thing that failed; but never look a gift hourse in the mouth; and this is one. Imagine if another Patch occurs and is as embarrassing as some of the the other blunders that have occurred with BF4 patches; that I'm sure you're trying to avoid ever happening again; and I bet that ppl responsible for this LITTLE blunder contribute to said to come, BIG blunder IF you don't take action against them. They themselves should come forward and admit it and leave DICE. Hasn't anyone at DICE heard of a contegency for each possible thing that could fail and two more contengencies for the first one? YOU FAILED, whomever is responsible. FAILED! An extra hour or two could have caught the problem. But NO, you FAILED. Next time it will be a big blunder (again). I guarntee it unless you take action, DICE. 

Message 28 of 29 (854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-borderless/downloads

That worked for me. Stupid that you need a third party fix. Would not call this solved :P

Message 29 of 29 (821 Views)