Re: Borderless mode in BF4

by Strongdoctor

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Same exact problem unfortunately, I hope this problem gets fixed soon, the only work around i've been using is to go from borderless to fullscreen then back to borderless every time I join a game

Message 11 of 29 (5,423 Views)

★★★★ Novice

yep same issue.. also fullscreen mode doesnt work at all, only shows a full black screen.. gotta do the whole borderless->windowed->borderless every **bleep**ing time i start the game.

Message 12 of 29 (5,403 Views)

★ Novice

Close BF4

Go To Documents>Battlefield 4>Settings>PROFSAVE Profile (With Wordpad or so)

Make sure you have these : 

GstRender.FullscreenEnabled 0
GstRender.FullscreenMode 2

GstRender.FullscreenScreen 1

Make the File Read Only

Enjoy Standard smile Worked for me 

Message 13 of 29 (5,378 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It didn't work for me. Sorry, that I couldn't enjoy.

Message 14 of 29 (5,363 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Open game, CTRL-SHIFT-ESC(task manager), under Programs/Tasks/whatever (not processes), right click BF4 and press Maximize. This will maximize the window in borderless windowed mode.

OR

Switch to "Windowed", Apply, switch back to Borderless, apply.

Message 15 of 29 (5,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi reachravage,

Thanks for the suggestion, that didnt fix the issue for me and now makes my client crash if i go to the video settings,

i assume thats due to the read only selected,

it did flick to fullscreen while loading but it went back to the windowed version almost instantly

Message 16 of 29 (5,315 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue and switched to Full Screen for now; but only because when I'm in borderless mode my mouse leaves the window and goes over to my second monitor. 

Message 17 of 29 (5,308 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Exactly the same issue was present in BF3 during the launch. I don't know whether DICE has ever fixed it because I started to use a small utility called "BF3 Borderless". Monitor this website http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/ as the developers there already consider releasing similar app for BF4.

If all of you write to them and ask them nicely (comments are on the bottom of their website), then I am sure that they will release it earlier. Also check out their BF4 Settings Editor as it is another great app.

Message 18 of 29 (5,283 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, my game 100% of the time starts at the top left corner of the screen... I believe when I 1st started the game 1st time for singleplayer and I didn't use battlelog but the 'play' button on the origin client it went full screen at first...  But since I have completed my campaign + started using the battlelog the game goes to the top left corner till switched to fullscreen and then pressing 'no' to confirming in the options....

Would love a fix from EA rather than a quick unreliable fix from some1 else <3

Message 19 of 29 (5,107 Views)

★ Apprentice
Message 20 of 29 (6,225 Views)