Battlfield 4 Downloading issue

by MadjidDz18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlfield 4 Downloading issue

★★★ Newbie

Hi Guys !

iam Downloading Battlfield 4 and i was wondering if making any restore point for later use if something interrupted The download because its already happened , making any restore point at any point of the download could help me Complete the Download

Message 1 of 3 (579 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlfield 4 Downloading issue

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MadjidDz18 Edit... @Wandeerrer is correct Origin will continue on with the D/L when your PC is back up logged into origin. But I recommend trying not to interrupt the d/l as it could give errors. If a d/l is interrupted just run repair game after the d/l is done and PC is rebooted.  If you want to make a back up of BF4 or any origin game so it is less of a download to reinstall it again down the road? If so do this ...

1- Copy and past each game folder to external drive

2- Copy and past the my documents game folder to external drive holds your game settings.

3- Once you install origin on the drive you want then start the game d/l let it get to 2%

4- Pause d/l and fully close origin. This is very important Origin must be closed out. 

5- Copy and past your game folder back into correct area / eg- Game BF4 installed E drive copy the contents of BF4 folder on external drive and past it into folder origin made for BF4

6- When it is done pasting back then open origin again and resume d/l in about 2 min poof all done

7 Move a copy of your BF4 my documents back to your C drive my documents and you will not have to set up your in game settings again.

This is how I back up all my Origin games on PC best trick ever when done correct :] Enjoy 

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (628 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
Hi!
If your gonna have some issues that for example your pc will restart, the download progress will be kept.
Message 2 of 3 (566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MadjidDz18 Edit... @Wandeerrer is correct Origin will continue on with the D/L when your PC is back up logged into origin. But I recommend trying not to interrupt the d/l as it could give errors. If a d/l is interrupted just run repair game after the d/l is done and PC is rebooted.  If you want to make a back up of BF4 or any origin game so it is less of a download to reinstall it again down the road? If so do this ...

1- Copy and past each game folder to external drive

2- Copy and past the my documents game folder to external drive holds your game settings.

3- Once you install origin on the drive you want then start the game d/l let it get to 2%

4- Pause d/l and fully close origin. This is very important Origin must be closed out. 

5- Copy and past your game folder back into correct area / eg- Game BF4 installed E drive copy the contents of BF4 folder on external drive and past it into folder origin made for BF4

6- When it is done pasting back then open origin again and resume d/l in about 2 min poof all done

7 Move a copy of your BF4 my documents back to your C drive my documents and you will not have to set up your in game settings again.

This is how I back up all my Origin games on PC best trick ever when done correct :] Enjoy 

Message 3 of 3 (629 Views)