Re: Battlelog Launching Issue - Origin

by asasn8r

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@ USMCss07 sorry it took so long to get back to you but I am bumbed about it. I'm close to 70 years old and been playing computer games since they were invented LOL Never had a problem before.
The one thing I did was to install bf4 on a second drive without removing the first so I did have 2 bf 4 programs on the computer and although I didn't look must have had 2 PB files also. This could be the reason for the ban
I tried starting the game from origin and battlelog after the ban with the same results.
I just went to my battlelog to look at my history of the games I played and this is what was their " CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Sorry, we can't display this player's stats currently. Please check back later " so I can't even tell when it all started.

I appreciate your time and information, one other thing, how did you find how many times this ban was issued I tried on the PB site but can't search for it.

thanks again asasn8r aka Tom
Message 21 of 26 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@asasn8r No worries. How did you join a server prior to when you were banned? Did you join from battlelog or from origin directly (using the game icon in your "My games library")? ie.: did you use the battlelog website/web portal to join a friend or a favorite server etc. or did you use the origin program to join?

Did you file a support ticket with EA to see if your account has been hacked/stolen?

As I mentioned before; there can be a two possible and identifiable activities that may have caused this wave or what I believe to be false positive bans: players starting the game via battlelog and then players starting the game "manually" via origin (dual instances of game initiation) or that those accounts have indeed been stolen via a data breach of EA owned software (and then used by the thief to play with cheats, thereby triggering a violation from punkbuster). 

The later seems to be suspect from what I have been reading. If that is true, and EA has indeed allowed consumer data to be compromised...........I expect there will be litigation forthcoming.

Message 22 of 26 (980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@USMCss07   

@USMCss07 wrote:

How did you join a server prior to when you were banned? Did you join from battlelog or from origin directly (using the game icon in your "My games library")? ie.: did you use the battlelog website/web portal to join a friend or a favorite server etc. or did you use the origin program to join?

I tried both ways and a couple of combinations like joining a friend from battlefield while I opened the game through origin.  

Did you file a support ticket with EA to see if your account has been hacked/stolen?

I did not file a ticket with EA yet. I wanted to see if I could find out if my computer was hacked first. I thought that if I filed with EA and they saw the ban they would shut down the case and send me to PB. 

Message 23 of 26 (963 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You need to file a case with them so they can research/see if your account was compromised. PB will tell you that your account was compromised, guaranteed. I would ask EA to look into password or login differences on and about a week before your account was banned. The ban information date/time can be found by following that link I posted to you in reply, a few posts back (pbbans.com). 

Message 24 of 26 (953 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@asasn8r Here is a quick update for you and all others that were banned/effected by punkbuster violation #83018: I have made contact with an employee/account executive from EA directly relating to the aforementioned bans and what is believed to be the cause (battlelog/origin issues ie. this forum topic). I was assured that this will be "looked at" internally by the "team" at EA. However, I was not given any reassurance that there would be any form of direct communication to me or any of you regarding that internal investigation. So, let me know if you or anyone out there effected by a punkbuster ban codified as violation #83018 does find or receives any information regarding the internal investigation and any outcome of that investigation.
Message 25 of 26 (850 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@USMCss07 Thanks For the update, Everyone I talk with said to open another case which I intend to do. I will post the results when and if I get any reply.
Message 26 of 26 (836 Views)