Re: Battlelog Launching Issue - Origin

by USMCss07

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Batttlelog-free launch was automatic on another account on this PC couple of months ago when my friend played it here. 
Now, when I bought BF4 myself, it launches through our LOVED battlelog.
Origin is set to Beta, game still opens that awesome and useful website like it's still 2011.

Message 11 of 26 (2,794 Views)

EA DICE Team

Sorry for late response can you reinstall Origin the hardway, a guide how you do that here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/ 

That should help, also make sure that Origin and BF4 is allowed in any firewall/anti-virus. @F35B3st 

/Atic 

Message 12 of 26 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Solution, only redesign [join the server] button and UI Game side interface, In this way, the problem of DDoS and Queue BOT can be solved together.

Message 13 of 26 (2,714 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
The link id 404 error
Message 14 of 26 (2,662 Views)

EA DICE Team

Woops looks like that link also stooped working, odd. @asasn8r  Here is a working one: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

/Atic

Message 15 of 26 (2,644 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Thanks for the quick reply. I've been looking for a solution why my BF4 gets kicked by PunkBuster for the last 2 weeks. It does'nt give an error code just " kicked by punkbuster" this will help clean the origin , game and PB from the computer so I can do a fresh install.
Message 16 of 26 (2,638 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

asasn8r: This is the reason why you are getting kicked by punkbuster: https://www.pbbans.com/mbi-view-ban-422074.html Your GUID has been globally banned by EA's contracted anti-cheat software provider, Evenbalance. You will need to appeal to Evenbalance, however...you will have no luck in getting the ban overturned. You will receive an automated and generic bot reply from an "AlexJ" stating that your GUID has been banned. The message will also state that Evenbalance has no proof whatsoever as to the who, what, or how they came to the conclusion that your game or account was "hacked" or that you were cheating. The message will then go on to state that your EA account has been compromised or that you are cheating and thereby have no recourse to have the ban lifted. Here is part of the message you will receive: 

We have no way of knowing who was actually playing with this GUID at the time the violation was triggered. We also have no way to know if the violation was triggered on your specific computer.

and:

To be clear: we are not saying that you cheated as we have no way to know who triggered the violation. If it is certain that no one playing on your computer ever had a cheat/hack violation triggered by PunkBuster, then your GUID (cdkey and/or game account password) has been stolen by or leaked to someone who has used it on a different computer to trigger the violation. We do not have the means to help you find out who is responsible for compromising your GUID.

Now, and EA_Atic should respond directly to this; there has been a large wave of what I know to be erroneous bans by Evenbalance's software over the last several weeks. These bans are marked as GAMEHACK violation #83018. I also am fairly certain this is due to an "overlay" issue with regards to battlelog's problems (stated multiple times by both EA and the community, ie. this thread) these past several weeks. In addition: EA announced that there may have been a wide scale data breach due to some internal issue in their battlelog and origin software. The fix has been noted as: turn on "beta" version of origin within origin; close and restart origin; when origin restarts: download the update to origin. That has seemed to fix the problems people are having using battlelog to connect to battlefield game servers (directly, without the need to first launch origin to connect or by launching from within origin itself). As you can see, Evenbalance states that those effected by GAMEHACK violation #83018 have had their GUID stolen and thereby will not lift the bans. This is directly the responsibility of EA to determine if accounts and the data therein has been compromised. I can tell you this though: none of those people that have been banned by Evenbalance's software (for #83018 specifically) have stated that their account with EA has been compromised in any way. So, I have ruled out the theft of GUID or accounts thereby. Back in 2014 there was a (much larger) wave of bans issued under violation #81570 & #81576, much larger in its scale due to worldwide player population than the current player population. Although Evenbalance or EA did not state what the actual cause of that wave of erroneous bans were from; leaks from a developer at DICE said that it was due to an "overlay" issue. What that means...I do not know. However, I know that battlelog works as an overlay as does origin for launching battlefield 3/4 etc. and that all of those bans were eventually overturned. 

I wish I could give you better news about your situation, but I cannot. This is up to EA to investigate as their program (battlelog/Origin) and contracted agent (Evenbalance) will not respond as to any recourse for players that have had the usage of their purchased property stolen or compromised via ban without due process. There is even rumor that EA will not investigate the erroneous issuance of these bans as it affects their bottom line: what a better way to generate more revenue than to ban, en masse, many players accounts, thereby forcing them to purchase new accounts to continue playing the game they enjoy playing. Now, I find that to be pretty far reaching and most likely false...however nothing surprises me anymore. Think about it: a game such as battlefield 4 costs roughly $40 (or less) for all inclusive game play, while a filing fee in a US court of competent jurisdiction costs about that amount. IN addition: both EA and Evenbalance would need to be served with the court complaint at a cost of $150-400 per service of process/entity....

I will be very interested to see what EA_Atic or someone from EA has to say about this. I also believe EA should know that bf4db, a widely used server admin contracted anti-cheat provider has issued this statement: https://bf4db.com/forum/thread/punkbuster-bans-permanently-suspended-2777 as it seems Evenbalance's software punkbuster has become an issue with regards to erroneous ban issuance as of late. 

Message 17 of 26 (2,606 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have tried but since last night, after downloading battlefield 4, and playing for an hour, the ORIGIN App on my Windows laptop, after I sign in it looks like there is no internet when it is obvious that I do have. Only the meny on the top is the one I still have access to but even if i click on settings or any other options, nothing shows up so I can not even set up to download the Origin beta client version. Help please.

Message 18 of 26 (2,513 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks USMCss07,

The information you have provided will allow me to try and figure out what to do next. I haven't started an appeal yet because I didn't want to go into it with no information. I really can't understand how they could think that a player with over 2000 hours would jeopardize their account by using a cheat. Just looking at my stats you can tell that I am not using anything other than bad eyes and slow reflexes (old age)     LOL

Thank you for your time to explain what is happening I will let you know how I make out.

asasn8r AKA Tom 

Message 19 of 26 (2,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No problem Tom: you will get no where with regards to violation #83018. Evenbalance has stated that they do not find ANY violation to be triggered in error...at least initially. They will not admit their program is faulty unless forced to act by EA, via investigation, or by judge order from a court of competent jurisdiction. If you contact EA: they will send you to Evenbalance with a bot type generated response, no matter what information you may give to them...if you state "punkbuster" in any correspondence with EA; they will reply with the aforementioned. When communicating with Evenbalance/file an appeal: they will state what I mentioned in the prior post. You will reply that you did not have anything on your computer and/or that your game account was not "leaked or stolen", etc. They will then go on to reply with what could be best described as "copy and paste" notes no matter what amount of information you provide them. Those replies from Evenbalance will go along the lines of "Those programs would not cause the disturbance we found associated with your guid.", and/or 'We will investigate any credible information regarding any possible false detection.", and/or "If you think you have found a specific program that caused a false detection please let us know.". That last one is hilarious...they will give you no idea as to the nature of disturbance, yet you are magically suppose to know a specific program that triggered their software. Now with that said: if you do indeed cheat, which I highly doubt; you would tell them so...and that would be the end of it. However and as mentioned, I doubt you cheat as I also doubt anyone effected by violation #83018 used any cheating program and/or had their accounts "leaked or stolen". If those players effected did indeed have their accounts stolen via a data breach within EA servers/programs, etc.... EA has much bigger problems to worry about, even more so if they do not do something about it. IN addition: I would imagine that players whom choose to use downloaded skills and therein know they cheat...would not find their way here, to state anything to the contrary. They would know they have been caught and most likely buy a new account to continue in their ways. What I do know is that the entirety of that last 50+ player count/wave of bans coded as violation #83018 ran concurrent to the timeline that is the basis of this "pinned" forum post. IE: battlelog and origin had some issues. Further evidence that I am correct: all of those violation codes have stopped once EA issued this pinned forum post and/or as players have seen the fix mentioned herein posted elsewhere and/or EA issued an automatic update.

Again, and not to sound like a broken record: EA must investigate this as it is the only recourse available for players that have purchased the ability to play online from them. This was the only path for rectification of erroneous ban issuance in the past (ie. June of 2014 bans codified as violations #81568 & #81570), as Evenbalance will not do anything unless EA or a judge forces them to act.

With that all said: @EA_Atic or other EA representative will need to look into this for all those effected, as I have mentioned in my prior post. I am certain that these violations are due to a process of dual instances of the game being initiated thereby causing punkbuster to find for a disturbance (ie. evasion) of their software due to those two instances running concurrently. As I mentioned before: if it is correct that those many players have had their accounts stolen due to a data breach within EA software........EA has bigger issues to deal with in their near future.

@asasn8r When the battlelog launch issues where ongoing for you: how did you join the game? Did you have battlelog open in chrome/ie/firefox, click on "join server or join friend" to then have origin produce a pop up stating that you needed to activate your game or play under a different account? Did you then close that popup within origin and manually start the game from your battlefield game launch icon (found in origin game library)? I will be interested to see the correlations that other players have mentioned regarding the process that they were using to join servers during the period of time that battlelog was fouled (and subsequently the same period that punkbuster was banning for #83018). 

As it stands now, there can only be two possible and identifiable activities that may have caused this wave or what I believe to be false positive bans: players starting the game via battlelog and then players starting the game "manually" via origin (dual instances of game initiation) or that those accounts have indeed been stolen via a data breach of EA owned software.

Message 20 of 26 (2,490 Views)