Re: Battle BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

by LiBever

Original Post

Re: Battlelog BF4 Open Beta LIVE server down?

★★★★★ Newbie
I just got done downloading it yesterday and can't even play it? I am very upset and might as well spend my money elsewhere ea servers have always been bad and I never even got to play the beta I'll spend my money on cod ghost I think...
Message 41 of 70 (744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the servers aren't bad its a marketing thing. They only let the BETA out for so long so you are anticipated for the  actual game and don't analyze the BETA right now all BETA's suck but the full game is always better though

Message 42 of 70 (740 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I literally made an account to for the same reason. The dumbest move possible would have been to not announce when the beta will be closed. Now threat that any progression won't be transferred... I literally had 4 friends come to my house to play the beta and they came and of course.. Didn't work, PUT IT BACK UP TILL ATLEASTTTTT THE 20th
Message 43 of 70 (725 Views)

★★★ Newbie

man you sound like a cod noob fangirl. you'd probably suck anyways

Message 44 of 70 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
There was no option or measure given for us to give feedback. I understood full well going in that this wasa beta test, and had hoped to share my input as a player and beta tester, and to my dismay there was no avenue to route issues back that I and other players found. Beta testing one map, for two weeks, doesn't seem even near enough time to address the multitude of issues and bugs that I came across. I am sure there are many more players with more experience than I that would have liked to do the same.
The iPhone app was a huge plus for me, and I enjoyed being able to change my loadouts on the fly with the app while in-game. Sadly, unless I see some massive work done (with less than a month from launch, it's doubtful) I don't see myself joining the game at launch. I will wait and let the first wave struggle through the mess.
Again, I'm not upset that the beta ended. I'm disappointed that for all the talk of it being a "beta", there was simply zero input we could give.
Good luck fixing it.
Message 45 of 70 (703 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous. I was seconds from preordering and now they shut down the Beta. Bf4 Beta was my best gaming experience so far. I'm not going to go as far as to say i'm getting COD ( still don't like that), but I'm probably not getting Bf anymore

Message 46 of 70 (670 Views)

★ Novice

@sonicdeath poop    you my friend are a dushbag, everyone knew the beta finished on the 15th of October, just because Sony and in my case Microsoft haven't taken the download down doesn't make EA a disappointment it just makes you an idiot, cancel your pre orders because you clearly are a noob COD player anyway and battlefield doesn't want you

Message 47 of 70 (657 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

"The Battlefield 4 Open Beta has finished. Our team thanks everyone participating the Beta, providing feedback, helping players on Answer HQ and just having fun with our community on the servers.

Your feedback was very helpful to improve our game and we are all looking forward to the full release of Battlefield 4."

source http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/IMPORTANT-Battlefield-4-Beta-has-finished/td-p/1673621

Regards, Libever 

Message 48 of 70 (1,325 Views)

Hero

@nxrble242 wrote:
There was no option or measure given for us to give feedback. I understood full well going in that this wasa beta test, and had hoped to share my input as a player and beta tester, and to my dismay there was no avenue to route issues back that I and other players found. Beta testing one map, for two weeks, doesn't seem even near enough time to address the multitude of issues and bugs that I came across. I am sure there are many more players with more experience than I that would have liked to do the same.
The iPhone app was a huge plus for me, and I enjoyed being able to change my loadouts on the fly with the app while in-game. Sadly, unless I see some massive work done (with less than a month from launch, it's doubtful) I don't see myself joining the game at launch. I will wait and let the first wave struggle through the mess.
Again, I'm not upset that the beta ended. I'm disappointed that for all the talk of it being a "beta", there was simply zero input we could give.
Good luck fixing it.

There was plenty of places to give feedback, Dice actively asked for feedback on the Battlelog forums, Twitter, Facebook, G+ etc. - guess you were just too lazy to look for it.

Making a Beta takes time, the code in the Beta was several weeks old when it arrived and a lot of the bugs were fixed before the beta build came out. The Beta was mostly to stress test the backend systems and problems with specific hardware configurations, not so much to test for other errors which they already knew about and was fixing.

@Titan32a wrote:

This is ridiculous. I was seconds from preordering and now they shut down the Beta. Bf4 Beta was my best gaming experience so far. I'm not going to go as far as to say i'm getting COD ( still don't like that), but I'm probably not getting Bf anymore

A scheduled shutdown, known well in advance of the beta and since you got to play it what is the problem?

carbonic signature

Message 49 of 70 (649 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

All of you are a bunch of cry babies! I swear to god, you are the type of people that are destroying online gaming.

"QQ You took beta down and I didnt even get to play, so now im going to take my pre order money and put it to something else just to spite you" 

"QQ I had a bunch of friends come over to check out the beta and you took it down"

"QQ I spent 5 hours downloading the Beta, then you took the server down, now im going to go play CoD because CoD is CoD"

"QQ I spent all those hours and you're threating to take away the progression"

Two Words: BETA TEST.

This Beta test wasnt so you could see if you wanted to buy this game over CoD.

It wasnt so you can show it off to your friends how good it is.

It wasnt so you can schedule vacation time off so you could play it.

It certainly wasnt so you could get progression unlocks way ahead of release players!

I sincerely despise people who do not understand what beta is, agree to beta conditions and the warning that is PROMPTLY in front of you, that YOU click that you accept the terms. Then cry and get butthurt over what happens during BETA.

Maybe you should understand what BETA is, and if you dont understand what it is, then you need to wait for release. Seriously. 

I read one post that said something like... "I was seconds from preordering and now they shut down the Beta. Bf4 Beta was my best gaming experience so far. but I'm probably not getting Bf anymore"  

Are you serious? Good, Cya, Bye. While you're are it do us a favor and throw away your computer, so a player like yourself doesnt mingle with the better of us.

My suggestion to all of you cry baby belly achers, GO BACK TO CONSOLES, because the PC community does not want you here.

Message 50 of 70 (642 Views)