Battlefiled 4 PC Unplayable After Fall Patch

by TwoOfTwelve

Original Post

Battlefiled 4 PC Unplayable After Fall Patch

★ Novice

Right after the update I was able to play as normal. Some visible in game changes but just as playable as before update. Now, when I get into a game - even the Test Range and single player - the game will play for a second or two then freeze with the last played sound echoing. This freeze will last as long as 30-45 seconds, I move another couple feet and it occurs again. Unplayable. I've tried DX11 and Mantle with the same results. I use Chrome browser, but I'v always used Chrome (haven't tried IE). Thought it might be video driver since I recently updated to amd-catalyst-14-9. Rolled back to amd-catalyst-14.6-beta which was my preivious version and no change.

System info:
AMD Radeon HD 7950 (overclocked)
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz, 3999 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Virtual Memory 18.0 GB
Page File Space 10.0 GB

I did play in CTE up 'till release of the Fall patch with no issues.

Note: I have been plague lately by some low memory conditions which also occured around the time of the Fall patch  and suspect a memory leak from some app.

I switched to 32 bit (normally run 64 bit) and problem still exists.  

I have been able to play a few rounds with no problems,  But then I come back and the problem is there again.  This stuttering/echoing/lagging issues comes and goes, and I see not pattern. Need Help!

Message 1 of 7 (485 Views)

Re: Battlefiled 4 PC Unplayable After Fall Patch

★★★ Novice
Message 2 of 7 (469 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

weird that i dont have that problem , i have two computer  , first main pc is AMD Fx-6300 with Asus Radeon 7870 ( has always played on ultra with good fps ) and the second one is Intel Dual Core e7200 with GTX550 Ti   ( plays it on low or medium-low )

Im thinking that it might be issue when and intel is paired with amd and   amd with nvidia ? 

Message 3 of 7 (444 Views)

The AMD forums have recommended disabling Catalyst from starting in MSCONFIG for this problem. Try it and tell us if it works for you.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 7 (436 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey man eeuuumm how do i do that?

Message 5 of 7 (390 Views)

[ Edited ]

@jurjurijur wrote:

hey man eeuuumm how do i do that?

Click on the window's button in the bottom left hand of your task bar, in the search field type in MSCONFIG. A windown called system configuration will pop up tab, scroll down to Catalyst and uncheck the box (please note that I'm on my NVIDIA machine so you won't see the entry in this screenshot - it's here to show you what the proper tab looks like).  Then hit apply and OK and restart your PC.  If it doesn't help you can simply re-enable Catalyst by rechecked the box and re-booting your PC.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 6 of 7 (388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for trying to help but it didnt work for me 

i have a 

i run windows 7 ultimate

r9 290 tri-x edition GPU 

intelcore i7-4790 CPU