Re: Battlefield Dog Tags, Pins, and Patches - BF1, BF4, BF5, BFH

by CyberDyme

Original Post

Battlefield Dog Tags, Pins, and Patches - BF1, BF4, BF5, BFH

★ Pro

So, I haven't really played the other titles in Online mode, just Battlefield 4. However, I think this is an issue across the board.

In Battlefield 4, there are various Dog Tags which exist but can't be acquired. This becomes more of an issue with Event Specific Dog Tags that have unclear Criteria. In this example I'm going to use the 4th Floor Dog Tag.

Everyone who plays Battlefield 4 has seen this Dog Tag at some point and wondered, how did that person get it. Whenever I ask someone, I either get silence or they own up to have Hacked there way through to get it. Nobody I've encountered has actually got it Legitimately... EVER. Yet, I see it in almost every other match. This is particularly an issue on PlayStation 4, where the Event that was responsible for the Dog Tag was actually unavailable as it had long since passed before the PlayStation 4 was even announced. This means that every single PlayStation 4 player claiming that they have a Legitimate Version of that Dog Tag is a Hacker and should be Banned.

This leads to a problem. The very few people who did earn the Dog Tag Legitimately can't wear it as they'll be tarnished with the same brush. I'm an Obsessive Compulsive, so the fact this Dog Tag can't be acquired annoys me a lot. For this, I have a Solution.

Potential Solution:

A NEW Assignment

Name: Higher Than The Sky

Reward: 4th Floor Dog Tag

Prerequisites:

- Played Premium at least Once

- Completed Phantom Operative

Conditions For Completion:

- 200 Kills in Operation Locker

- 100 Kills with Sniper Rifles

- 100 Kills from Roofs of Buildings

- 25 Knife Kills on the 4th Floor of any Building with a 4th Floor

It should be noted that I played Battlefield Hardline before the DLC for it was available to PS3. I actually found the Phantom Logo on the 4th Floor Button myself while playing the game with my father.

Why am so annoyed about it, it's because Beta Content Players get access to things that the other players don't even hear about. When Battlefield 1 and Battlefield V were both released, we only heard about the Release. Even signing up to the Play Test of Battlefield Titles, I didn't hear a word about either title. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Battlefield 6 is being Tested by CTE right now.

Message 1 of 2 (544 Views)

Re: Battlefield Dog Tags, Pins, and Patches - BF1, BF4, BF5, BFH

★★★★★ Expert

Sorry @GENERALZOOL , but that is not correct what you write.

The 4th Floor tag was awarded to those who participated in the closed Hardline Beta (only the first session of this) and that was only on PC and PS4 !

Just because you buy the game later doesnt mean that you are entitled to get access to all the contents that have appeared over the long development cycle and other events in or around any specific game.  Aka like the DICE Dog Tag is only for DICE employees or specific individuals that did special contributions to make the game and surrounding community a success.  And that is totally understandable and acceptable!   

Message 2 of 2 (501 Views)