Battlefield Commander App

by Tadhg750

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Commander App

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Battlefield commander on iPad no longer working, running current iOS and commander when I try to open it it just says mobile commanders you served the battle well.
Message 1 of 5 (2,685 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield Commander App

★★★★★ Expert

You can no longer play BF4 Commander on the IOS platform (incl iPads) since August 11th 2015.  EA announced already last winter as a warning that they would discontinue to support playing Commander mode via iPads by end of summer 2015.  So that is unfortunately no longer available to us...

Here is EA's official message regarding this:

---

You’ve commanded the Battlefield from your sofa, the bus and sometimes in the most awkward of places with the Commander app for Battlefield 4. It’s been a fun ride watching and playing with you all from a bird’s eye view, adding team support wherever possible. But, the time has come and we have to inform you that on August 11th 2015, we will no longer continue our support of the Battlefield 4 Commander app on the iOS and Android platforms.

This is not an easy choice, but we believe the time is right to retire the mobile app as we’re seeing more of our Commanders playing on PC and console. This change means that you’ll no longer be able to download the app from Apple Store or Google Play starting from April 28th. However, if you have the app downloaded already, you can continue to play it on mobile devices until August 11th.  Additionally, this change does not affect in any way the in-game Commander mode experience. You will still be able to take the command and lead your team to victory on your PC and consoles!

We are committed to continuing the support of Battlefield 4 and as always, we wanted to say thanks to you, the community, for playing.

---

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (3,031 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

You can no longer play BF4 Commander on the IOS platform (incl iPads) since August 11th 2015.  EA announced already last winter as a warning that they would discontinue to support playing Commander mode via iPads by end of summer 2015.  So that is unfortunately no longer available to us...

Here is EA's official message regarding this:

---

You’ve commanded the Battlefield from your sofa, the bus and sometimes in the most awkward of places with the Commander app for Battlefield 4. It’s been a fun ride watching and playing with you all from a bird’s eye view, adding team support wherever possible. But, the time has come and we have to inform you that on August 11th 2015, we will no longer continue our support of the Battlefield 4 Commander app on the iOS and Android platforms.

This is not an easy choice, but we believe the time is right to retire the mobile app as we’re seeing more of our Commanders playing on PC and console. This change means that you’ll no longer be able to download the app from Apple Store or Google Play starting from April 28th. However, if you have the app downloaded already, you can continue to play it on mobile devices until August 11th.  Additionally, this change does not affect in any way the in-game Commander mode experience. You will still be able to take the command and lead your team to victory on your PC and consoles!

We are committed to continuing the support of Battlefield 4 and as always, we wanted to say thanks to you, the community, for playing.

---

Message 2 of 5 (3,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So how could we play the commander mode on the PC?

Message 3 of 5 (2,128 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Iantheroom221

All you have to do is find a server with Commander slots and hit the "Commander" button with the play symbol by it (looks like the Join Server button but is grey instead of orange).

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 4 of 5 (2,125 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Why do you have to stop continuing the game.
Even though a lot of people uses pc and console
some people wanted to play from android and ios
Message 5 of 5 (1,720 Views)