Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

by Heathbar24

Original Post

Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

★★★ Newbie
Thanks for wasting my $60!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who's ever idea this was is a moron and should be fired!!!!! I will not be buying anything from ea ever again
Message 21 of 83 (13,481 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 -xbox 360- won't install, not even on the original hard drive itself...

★★★ Newbie

My wife purchased Battlefield 4 for me last night for my birthday. I just try to install it a few minutes ago and am having the same issues as everyone else. I called Gamestop, where the game was purchased. They said to bring it back in and they "will see what they can do." If I do not receive my full refund I plan on rallying everyone here and beyond into a class action lawsuit against EA. Your small little type "informing" people of this is insufficient, as this has never been an issue before on any other games and no one said anything apparently to anyone at point of purchase.

Message 22 of 83 (13,349 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm in! GameStop won't even let me return it!
Message 23 of 83 (13,338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Returned it to Gamestop for a full refund. Used the money to preorder the new Call of Duty. Can't wait to actually be able to play that one.

Since EA and Microsoft decided not to go out of their way to explain the issues surrounding the game and likely others coming out, I plan to never buy an EA game or another Xbox console.

Message 24 of 83 (13,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is completely reprehensible and a real a slap in the face to dedicated battlefield fans whose only crime was that they simply couldn't afford spending at least an additional $100 at the time they purchased their Xbox 360s, so they opted for the 4GB version. EA and Dice (and, in my opinion, Microsoft) should all be totally ashamed of themselves and deserve a good financial beat down. It's ludicrous that we can't install the HD update and any other additional content on either an external hard drive or our internal 4GB flash drive that came with the damn console in the first place. Why in the hell would the decision to incorporate such absurd requirements have ever been accepted in the first place? Just so these assholes can line their billion dollar pockets just a little more? I realize they are running a business but taking complete advantage of your loyal customers, and in essence abusing them is practically criminal in my mind. Just because some of us couldn't fork over the $300 for our consoles at the time of purchase doesn't mean that would should be mistreated and excluded from playing our favorite games. That is a damn good way to piss off a lot of people and lose many customers very quickly. I'm outraged by this bull**bleep** and sick and tired of it! These guys better get their **bleep** together and rectify this issue quickly because I'm definitely not going to go and buy a new Xbox hard drive for another $130. I just picked this game up tonight and I'm definitely returning it ASAP! I don't know if I'll be purchasing anything from DICE again unless they address and fix this problem in the very near future. As far as EA goes, they truly suck to begin with and I've always had major issues with them anyway (mainly because of their **bleep**ty servers and awful customer service). I don't know for sure, but I'm strongly considering switching over from Xbox to PS4 for my next console. 

Message 25 of 83 (13,227 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I agree with all of the angry people out there.  Its very simple.  Nobody should be punished for owning the wrong kind of xbox.  

Message 26 of 83 (13,150 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's a pain in the ass but mail your copy of the game and a packing slip back to EA at the address found on this page along with the PACKAGESLIP.pdf and EA will mail you back an uopened copy of the game to return at the store you purchased it at.

https://help.ea.com/article/electronic-arts-warranty-policy

Message 27 of 83 (13,139 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow. EA if you're reading this and you wonder why you keep getting voted the "worst company in the world" let this be yet another example of you screwing over your consumers for an extra buck. I've been with the BF series sinces the beginning, and I am kicking myself for buying this day one. I thought I did my research, but wow it just never occured to me you would screw over this many fans in this way. Congrats and I hope CoD got their **bleep** together and stomps you with Ghosts.

Message 28 of 83 (12,949 Views)

★ Novice

i bought sandisk 32gb cruzer and its stiil not working !! why ?/.. why didn you tell that i cant playthe game with 4gb so i wont spend that money on that piece of platsic ?!

Message 29 of 83 (12,726 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This isn't an option for anyone, by the time we discover that this problem exists we've opened the case and it can't be returned.

This is ridiculous EA! How can you justify designing a game for Xbox360 and than it not being able to play on all Xbox 360s.
Message 30 of 83 (12,618 Views)