Battlefield 4 won't launch

by kyle429

Original Post

Re: Stuck on loggin in

★★ Apprentice

Turns out a uninstall/reinstall was just a waste of ~25GB of bandwidth.

Message 71 of 113 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add me to the list of people who cannot get the Battlelog plugin to work, and am unable to play the game.  They informed me to wait 24-48 hours for a patch to repair this.  I am now currently holding my breath.

Message 72 of 113 (851 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Kskull31 wrote:

Add me to the list of people who cannot get the Battlelog plugin to work, and am unable to play the game.  They informed me to wait 24-48 hours for a patch to repair this.  I am now currently holding my breath.

Cool, that would be awesome if it works.  Please let us know if you hear anything else.

Message 73 of 113 (848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

If you were asking if I've done an uninstall/re-install of the game, I definitely have multiple times.  Also for Origin.  And, yeah like I said, I did a repair install of Windows 7...not willing to uninstall my Windows installation completely to try to run this game.

Edit: I'm done trying bug fixes for now, I'll wait until they roll out the R8 server patch, and more importantly, the client patch.

Message 74 of 113 (844 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi again guys, 

Thanks for the extra information. 

bcom33,

Have you tried the System File Checker? If not it maybe worth trying this to see if it comes up with anything. 

If you haven't already, I'd recommend a Virus scan, just to make sure there's nothing hiding there that could be affecting this file. 

====

subnetyutter

So just to confirm on your update, you managed to get the game running when it was installed on another drive? Do you only have an SSD in your computer or do you have additional hard drives on that computer? 

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 75 of 113 (816 Views)

★★ Apprentice

My system has a SSD and a 3tb disk.  OS and some programs are on the SSD, Origin and the games are installed on the 3tb disk.  This weekend I disconnected both "original" disks and hooked up a spare hd I wasn't using.  I installed Win 7 64, did all the updates, installed Chrome, video drivers and then Origin and BF4 and it worked just fine. 

So it works fine on my hardware when running on a fresh install of Windows but won't work on my normal ssd and 3tb disk setup.

Message 76 of 113 (803 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hey EAGuy.  Yeah, I had run the sfc scan a few times before, as I saw it posted elsewhere as a potential fix.  I just ran it again.  Like before, I always just get the "Windows found no integrity violations" message.

Edit: Ran a Webroot virus scan, and then a complete SuperAntiSpyWare scan. Found one trojan, and a lot of adware tracking cookies, but nothing that was interfering with BF4.

Message 77 of 113 (793 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Very disappointed to report that the latest client patch did not resolve my issue. Confusedmileysad:Confusedmileymad:

Message 78 of 113 (750 Views)

★★ Apprentice

#^$*#%$&.  That's not what I wanted to hear.  

Message 79 of 113 (734 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm sorry to hear that guys. As much as I understand it's frustrating to hear, it's unlikely that a client patch will fix this issue for you as it seems that there is something conflicting with the game on your systems. 

=====

bcom33,

Yours is still giving your the DirectX 11 error? 

Is your card overclocked? 

=====

subnetyutter, 

If you plugged in the 3tb & the spare drive, without the SSD, then try to play it from there do you see the same issues occurring?

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 80 of 113 (712 Views)