Battlefield 4 won't launch

by kyle429

Original Post

Can't Connect to Multiplayer, Campaign, or Test Range, Help?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

I've put numerous hours into trying to play Battlefield 4 on PC.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium.  

Intel i7 950

8 GB Corsair ram

Gigabyte GA-X58a-ud5 motherboard

AMD HD 7970 gpu

Corsair 128GB SSD boot drive

WD 2 TB data drive (where Origin and Battlefield 4 game files are installed)

My audio is running through a Cambridge DacMagic Plus DAC out of the optical out on my motherboard.  The DAC is also connected by USB.

I also have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 connected via USB.

The Cambridge Audio driver software is running, as is driver software for my Razer Mamba while I'm trying to launch Battlefield.

I purchased the Battlefield 4 standard edition and the premium service through Origin.

The issue: 

When I launch Battlefield 4, I get to the Battlelog in my browser.  If I try to join a server, campaign, or test range, the blue loading bar pops up at the bottom of the screen and says initalizing/connecting/in queue/joining server. etc.

Sometimes a window will flash on my screen at this point, for only a millisecond, and then immediately close again.  It doesn't stay up long enough for me to see what it is.  The blue bar will then, after 10 seconds or so, drop off the bottom of the screen.  BF4.exe also disappears from Task Manager at this point.  The game never loads.

Things I have tried:

• I tried updating to the latest AMD stable graphics drivers, and then the AMD Beta graphics drivers.
  • I have reinstalled and updated Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 and 2012.  I also tried deleting the 2005 versions which were still on my computer
  • I have tried turning off Origin in game, and turning on and off cloud sync
  • I have tried disabling my antivirus, Webroot SecureAnywhere
  • I have port forwarded my router, at least according to the BF3 settings
  • I have tried updating all of my drivers, Realtek audio, ICH10R chipset, SATA AHCI, etc.
  • I have done a repair install, and a full uninstall and reinstall of Battlefield 3
  • I have tried both Firefox and Google Chrome
  • I have installed, uninstalled, and re-installed the web plugins

I've done a number of other tweaks/fixes that I've seen posted and nothing has worked.  The game has never loaded.

Any advice for getting it to work?

Message 10 of 113 (2,481 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 won't launch

★★★★ Novice

Bump!

Message 12 of 113 (2,546 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bump it happens the same **bleep** to me!

Message 13 of 113 (2,518 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've been trying to play the game since the release and i haven't had any luck. I have done everything i can think of...

-updating video card drivers
-installing 700mb game update
-installing battlelog
-running it from chrome and explorer
-reinstalling the whole game

-updating punkbuster

im out of ideas... i tried everything please someone help!!!

system:
Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 620M/820QM/720QM : 2.66 GHz - 1.6 GHz, with Turbo Boost up to 3.33/3.06/2.8 GHz;
DDR3 1066/1333 MHz up to 8GB (Intel® i7-720QM / i7-820QM platform)
ATI Mobility™ Radeon® HD 5870, 1G GDDR5 VRAM

Message 14 of 113 (2,494 Views)

★★ Novice
same thing here... can we play before CHRISTMAS ?????????????????????
Message 15 of 113 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie

keep bumping this cuz  it happens to me. its as if the play button in campaign  is a broken link and multiplayer will sit there loading a server for up to a hour without ever launching the game..... i wish i could open BF4 without going through battlelog ....... like the good old days of BF2

Message 16 of 113 (2,467 Views)

★ Novice

Me too. Ive reinstalled it and checked for updates multiple times, even after restarting my CPU.  I click Play from the pop-up menu in My Games, or any other place i tried finding a launch button, and i does nothing. When i try launching from anything outside of Origin, it just minimizes the Origin window and, again, does nothing.

Message 17 of 113 (2,466 Views)

★ Apprentice

Spent a couple of days  trying to figure out the Direct X Issues, those are gone but have been replaced by the loading hang

ups after trying to joining a MP server, sometimes it joins other times it errors-out.  When a match is completed, it also hangs during the 

scores, etc...I recalled this problem from the early BF3 days.  

The simple solution for hang ups during launching a game is to "click" on the BF4 icon that's

in the taskbar, this will bring up full screen of BF4, when the server info says "joining server" then "logging in..." on the taskbar, wait

a few secs for BF4 icon to appear and click it, waiting for the program to go fullscreen seems to hang it up.

After a match is completed, come out of full screen, as soon as it begins to change the page for loading, click on the

icon again in the taskbar.  It's not a permanent solution but it'll take some of the pain away, until a patch is out.

It's specific and it might not apply to you but it might help some people out.

Specs:

AMD FX6350

EVGA GTX 650 TI Boost OC 2GB (#331.65)

ASUS M5A97 R2.0 (Bios, drivers updated)

Crucial Ballistic (2x4) 8GB 1600

Antec 620 Watt HGC

WD 7200 1TB 64mb cache

WIN 8.1(64)

Message 18 of 113 (2,458 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Message 19 of 113 (2,455 Views)

Re: Can't Connect to Multiplayer, Campaign, or Test Range, Help?

★★ Apprentice

bump

Message 20 of 113 (2,443 Views)