Battlefield 4 won't launch

by LumpyMiIk

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 won't launch

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been checking for hours now, and I can't find any solution to get BF4 to launch.  When I press play in Origin, it opens up battlelog, and I can try joining a server from there.  If I try, it gets stuck on "Joining server" and never actually launches.  When I look at my task manager, I can see BF4 appear in my background processes for a split second, but then terminates almost immediately.

I've tried the usual reinstall punkbuster, run as admin, etc. and nothing has worked so far.  Any help is appreciated, I'll be playing BF1 in the meantime (assuming that doesn't break as well)

Edit:

The methods I've tried so far:

Run both 64x and 86x, both as admin, and not as admin

Launch Origin as admin

Clear Origin cache

Reinstall Punkbuster

Forward ports for BF4

Reinstall both Origin and BF4

Repair BF4

Message 1 of 15 (1,220 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 won't launch

★★★★ Novice

I managed to get it working, but I'm not exactly sure what got it working.  I eventually gave up and uninstalled to save space, and after a while I tried installing it again.  When I did, I saw an option while downloading from Origin that I didn't notice before, which was "Install Punkbuster" that was unchecked.  I checked that, and it's been working ever since.  I've been installing/updating punkbuster manually so I guess that causes problems.  I also checked "Run as admin" for my Origin shortcut (already did it for my exe), so I'm not sure if that made a difference either. 

If anyone is having the same issue I was, try uninstalling the game, restart your computer, and reinstall again with all the options checked off.  Then, make sure you have both Origin and BF4 running as admin.  Go to your game files and check off BF4.exe to run as admin, as well as Origin.exe in your Origin files.  Make sure to restart Origin after you set the permissions, and hopefully that works. 

Time to prepare for 2042!  Good luck!

View in thread

Message 14 of 15 (1,017 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice
@LumpyMiIk I have this same problem
Message 2 of 15 (1,188 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@LumpyMiIk try to run the game on battlefield4 86x or 64x and try to repair the game plus try to launch origin as an admin also check your language packs if you are using one then turn it off and check
Message 3 of 15 (1,181 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@mrdoom500 I've tried both 86x and 64x, repairing did nothing, and everything is being launched as admin. I also don't have any language packs, so I don't think that's the issue
Message 4 of 15 (1,169 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Have ether of you tried a game reinstall?

Message 5 of 15 (1,160 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@sk1lld Reinstalled, repaired, nothing seemed to work sadly. Makes me think it's an Origin issue or a Battlelog issue, but I don't have the slightest of clue what it would be. That, or some left over settings that was missed in the uninstall, that could potentially be messing with everything?
Message 6 of 15 (1,142 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Message 7 of 15 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sabrewulv I haven't, but sadly it didn't work.
Message 8 of 15 (1,108 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@LumpyMiIk just curious have you tried to launch the game from battlelog itself?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/ (login in with your origin id) and see if the game loads

Message 9 of 15 (1,106 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Sabrewulv Yeah, that's what I normally do, I've tried launching from battlelog and from Origin directly, but neither have been working
Message 10 of 15 (1,103 Views)