Re: Battlefield 4 won't launch, broken plugin.

by CaptBarney3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 won't launch, broken plugin.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

All right, so it's the start of December, the new patch for BF4 just came out so I'm of course super exited for what it is gonna bring, so I start up Google Chrome, log into Battlelog, makes sure my game is patched, update the browser plugin, and start joining some games. But the second I click "Join Game" a red bar appears at the bottom of the screen telling me that I need to shut down my Game from the task manger, even though I didn't even have it open in the first place. It even says that I'm offline in the top right corner of the screen. And the error isn't in BF4, no it's the browser plugin misbehaving, because afterward I thought: "well, I'm just gonna play some BF3 until a fix comes out", but the error repeats itself, only just with another message telling me that I'm already playing another Battlelog Game, and I need to close that fist! Please start working on a fix for this bug, so I can start playing that awesome game of yours!

Message 1 of 6 (460 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Novice
Don't worry, the patch that came out yesterday solved the entire problem! Keep making that game the best Battlefield expirience to date!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (432 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice
Don't worry, the patch that came out yesterday solved the entire problem! Keep making that game the best Battlefield expirience to date!
Message 2 of 6 (433 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have tried many read fixes and cannot get past the download plugin to enter any server, 2.3.2-130.exe, just keeps looping back to install plugin. Thanks  

Message 3 of 6 (417 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just get different error message-

Error
Origin could not start up (-5ffe0000): The Origin desktop application is not loaded.
Origin is loaded, i have not made it in to the game yet.
Message 4 of 6 (406 Views)

★★ Novice

NOT solved... I am in an infinite "install plugin" loop.  I've installed the plugin, emptied my cache, restarted the browser, restarted BF4 - same message.  Repeated the process, but this time I restarted my computer - same message.  Anyone have a fix that actually works?  I'm running IE11 (but could switch) and BF4 64bit/

Message 5 of 6 (378 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. THis sucks!

Message 6 of 6 (349 Views)