Re: Battlefield 4 will not install on PS4

by lindosman

Original Post

Battlefield 4 will not install on PS4

★★★ Newbie

I am having an issue where I cannot get BF4 to install on the PS4.  It will install the campaign 100%, but gets stuck at xx% for multiplayer.  I am using a disk copy of the game, and have tried everything I can think of to get it to work.  It isn't simply slow to load either.  I left it sit at 34% for over 24 hours, and it didn't go up a single percentage point.  I have tried deleting all game data off, and trying again, at least 25 times.  I have tried leaving it at different screens, in standby mode, leaving it to install without the updates, without the updates.  Everything other app and game I have has installed without any problems at all.  I am pretty much ready to return this to amazon in exchange for a product that actually works.  Does anyone have any ideas? 

Message 1 of 16 (9,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have been trying to actually play this game for about four days on my ps4. i guess i made the mistake of upgrading from my ps3 copy, and now it will not install. I have posted about this, i have read lots of other posts about this, and not one EA rep has ever come on and said ANYTHING. im getting very frustrated myself, i paid them alot of money, and i want to actually enjoy the full product i bought from them.

Message 2 of 16 (9,745 Views)

SLOW downloading ps4 bf4 downlaoding issues

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had pre ordered the ps3 bf4 and got the offer for ps4 bf4 for 10 bucks.  I did the necissary steps to redeem code and then to download and install it on my ps4 (took 4 hours though).  Although it took a long time i thought everything was ok when i went to actually play bf4 on my ps4 and the main screen read "The game is currently installing.  Check out Battlelog while you wait or start playing the single-player campaign when its ready"  Then below that it says "campaign 100%"  (i can select and play that) then "full game 25%" (i can not select that obviously) then options.  So i went to battlelog and checked that out, came back to home bf4 home screen and it still says 25%.  I figured well this is gonna take a while so i'll play some campaign.  I get though the first level and when its about to start loading the next level it says that its still downloading and its at 30%, i can either wait or "save and return to menu".  I click the same and return to menu and then re enter the campaign and click ressume and it takes me back to the last stage of the first level, i beat it again and then does the still downloading thing again.  I back out to the home menu for bf4 and it has now been 3 hours and my "full game" has only climbed from the 25% when it started to now 43%....?   My issue is that i already downloaded and installed it through playstation store and yet it still say its downloading the "full game"  VEEEERY slowly!!!?!!!  My worry is im gonna get the run arround from both origin and ps4 on whos fault this is and nothing is gonna get done...  PS4 is brand new, just opened it this morning.   PLEASE HELP. 

Message 3 of 16 (9,826 Views)

BF4 PS4 digital upgrade help?

★★★ Newbie

successfully downloaded the game to my ps4 but when i get to the main menu it still has to install the full game. And the story mode said it was 100% complete but after the first mission it said it had to install the rest of the story mode? And the install is so slow it goes up about 1% every 20 or so minutes is it the internet thats making it go so slow i thought the install would be to just get the info off the ps3 disc so you wouldn't need internet to do it right?  Im pretty sure i downloaded the full game already the file size was over 30gb.

Message 4 of 16 (9,473 Views)

BF4 full game installation SUCk

★★★ Newbie

Day before yesterday I bought battlefield 4 for ps4 . After that I installed a update and then I open The game game saying "CAMPAIGN 100%, FULL GAME 10%". 
After more than 10hrs i.e today I checked The progress, it was showing "Full game 27%". I left my ps4 console on for whole night but The result was very disappointing. Today is The 3rd day and installation process is at 52%. The problem is with The CD or with ps4 console . Please help me resolving my issue.

Message 5 of 16 (9,452 Views)

★★ Novice

same issue, after 6 hours the game is stuck at 45% and the campaign at 100% (but wont play past the helicopter cut scene in Baku).

Message 6 of 16 (9,436 Views)

★★★ Novice

It took all night to download the software and the update, now I have the campaign but only 25% of the main game. It doesn't appear to be downloading anything, so what is happening? Has anyone else resolved this yet?

Message 7 of 16 (9,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Spoken to an advisor today. I'm none the wiser as to what is happening, but they are aware of the problem and it will get fixed eventually...

Message 8 of 16 (9,420 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Has anybody figured this out yet I wont to play the only game on my ps4
Message 9 of 16 (9,304 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm in the same situation. Was there any solution to your problem?

Message 10 of 16 (8,475 Views)