Battlefield 4 update error for the update for naval strike, cant even play the game

by hunterpro306

Original Post

Battlefield 4 update error for the update for naval strike, cant even play the game

★★★ Newbie

Im a premium member and the day Naval Strike came out for xbox 360 I turned on my xbox put the game in and an automaic update came on for 8mb I clicked download now and it downloaded a tiny fraction of it, paused and then an error came up.  After the error came up I click A to accept and then it kicks me back to the xbox home so I literally cant even play the game,  No idea what to do I called xbox talked to them for an hour and they lead me to here to see if i can find help.  Please let me know what to do I love this game but am about to delete my entire profile Level 72 by the way and start over, hoping that, that will work but who knows

Message 1 of 2 (258 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 update error for the update for naval strike, cant even play the game

Community Manager (retired)

Okay what kind of workarounds you performed after calling the Xbox support? This issue is most likely not related to your soldier profile aka to your Origin account. Have you tried to delete your game data (not your savegame files) in order to re-install and update the game?

As I don't know what kind of workarounds you already tried, let's start with some basic stuff first:

To make sure that no corrupt data causing your issue, you should clear your cache:

1. From the dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Highlight Hard Drive Device.
  5. Press Y to select Device Options, then Clear System Cache.
  6. Reboot your console.

Redownload the updates for the game. NOTE: Not all games have a Title Update File.

1. From the Dashboard, click on My Xbox.
  2. Select System Settings.
  3. Select Storage.
  4. Select Hard Drive Device by pressing A.
  5. Select Games and Apps.
  6. Select Game Title.
  7. Delete Title Update File.
  8. Restart Game.
  9. Download the update when prompted.

Cheers                                                                                                                                                                       

Basti

Message 2 of 2 (166 Views)