Battlefield 4 super bad artifacting

by JuwbacaTheUngasd

Original Post

Battlefield 4 super bad artifacting

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to play Battlefield 4 but my game artifacts so bad all I can see is a blue sky and lines streaking across my screen. It is completely unplayable.

I have a Dell inspiron 15r special edition. 8gb ram, 2gb graphics memory , i7 2.2 GHz processor. Im fairly positive its not my computer as I exceed the minimum requirements.

All of my drivers on my computer are up to date, I have updated not only the graphics drivers but literally all the drivers on my computer and nothing has changed. I have tried to reinstall the game and it did not work.

When I went into my options for some reason the game was running at 0 fps? Even a super piece of crap computer can do better than that.

Any help would be very appreciated

Message 1 of 2 (581 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 super bad artifacting

Community Manager

1)

Make sure you have all important Windows Updates installed, also .Net Framework and C++ Redistributables

2)

• Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
  • In _Installer, navigate into the VC folder, then into vc2012Update3, and finally redist.
  • In redist, find both the x86 and x64 versions of VCredist.exe.
  • Run and install both versions, and your game should now launch without error.

3)

Run DXSETUP.exe from this location to be sure all the required DirectX components are installed:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist

barry.png
Message 2 of 2 (516 Views)