Battlefield 4 stuck on loading screen.

by MJAndreasEST

Original Post

Battlefield 4 stuck on loading screen.

★★★ Newbie

I will pick a server and it will just sit there and load and load and load.  Eventually it stops working all together though.

Message 1 of 85 (27,773 Views)

Re: Battlefield 4 stuck on loading screen.

★★★ Novice

I also have this problem. I updated to the latest beta driver and I still get the same thing. If I click on bf4 on the taskbar while it is loading (instead of waiting for battlelog to open it) then it tells me game disconnected with no further details. 

Message 2 of 85 (27,451 Views)

Community Manager

Can you please run Windows Update and make sure everything that's available to you is installed (except maybe the Bing Bar o0)

Message 3 of 85 (27,441 Views)

★★★ Novice

Windows is fully updated for me. I did have a punk buster b error when i first tried to load the game, but I resolved that by reinstalling punkbuster. 

Message 4 of 85 (27,428 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm running windows 8 if that makes a difference.

Message 5 of 85 (27,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting this too, combined with a Direct X error message

http://i.imgur.com/4HjENli.png

The loading screen gets to a point where I can hear audio and my mouse seems to move the camera, but the loading screen stays at the front and the background is blurry, looks as if I am in no-clip mode outside the level somewhere.

After a few minutes, it switches to the black loading screen and just gets stuck there permanently.

The odd thing is that when I first booted the game, it actually worked for a few minutes. I drove around in a tank, and then I quit and restarted and this happened.

I have attempted the "PROFSAVE_profile" edit posted in the other thread here, with no luck.

I updated my geforce driver to the 331.40 driver listed, no luck.

I attempted to run the vcredist_x64.exe in the Battlefield 4 Beta > _Installer > vc > vc2012Update3 > redist folder and repair the install, as was recommended in another thread, no luck there either.

My specs are:

Intel i5 3.4ghz processor

Geforce GTX 660 Ti graphics card

8 GB Ram

Windows 7 Home Edition (fully up to date)

Anyway, any other suggestions would be welcome. These are all the solutions I've been able to find and none of them have fixed the issue so far. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Message 6 of 85 (27,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Try a different driver maybe? I had DX issues with certain drivers

Message 7 of 85 (27,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't know if you're replying to me or the first post, but, I tried the standard Geforce driver 3.2 something (I think it was), updated to the beta driver and it didn't work either way, (although like I said, it worked with the standard driver *at first* for like 5 minutes.

Message 8 of 85 (27,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It was working for me last night, but today it isn't. The only system change was an origin update and I didn't even restart.

Chalk it up to Beta and don't drive yourself nuts switching out drivers, etc.

Message 9 of 85 (27,289 Views)

★★ Novice

Windows fully updated, Nvidia beta driver downloaded and installed, dx updated, pb updated.. still gettin same freeze on loading scrn

Message 10 of 85 (27,238 Views)