Battlefield 4 settings won't save help!

by AD_Th3_Hero

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 settings won't save help!

★★ Novice

Hello,

My settings reset everytime i start the game I have looked around on the internet and tried running origin and bf4 as admin, I have also tried repairing my files

I do not know what else to do can someone help me!

Message 1 of 8 (4,010 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 settings won't save help!

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried to delete Battlefield 4 folder in your Documents, then disable Cloud Storage in Application Settings of Origin client and also in Game Properties by right-clicking on the game icon in your Origin Library? After this, please run Origin as Administrator and test the game.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,040 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@AD_Th3_Hero Hello,

Can you please make sure that your Documents folder has a default path?  To check this, please press "Windows" key+"E" key and you will see a window with Documents folder, please right-click on the Documents folder and select Properties. Then, go to Location tab. In the Location tab please click on "Restore Default" button to be sure that Documents folder has a default path. Then, click on Apply button and OK button to save settings and close the window.

After that, run origin as Administrator and test the game. 

Message 2 of 8 (3,995 Views)

★★ Novice

@IIPrest0nII I just tried this and this is not the problem

Message 3 of 8 (3,961 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@AD_Th3_Hero Have you tried this solution from Carbonic? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-settings-won-t-save/m-p/5095637/highlight/true#M202439

Perhaps something is wrong with permissions.

Message 4 of 8 (3,915 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tried that already

Message 5 of 8 (3,892 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried to delete Battlefield 4 folder in your Documents, then disable Cloud Storage in Application Settings of Origin client and also in Game Properties by right-clicking on the game icon in your Origin Library? After this, please run Origin as Administrator and test the game.

Message 6 of 8 (4,041 Views)

★★ Novice

I turned off the origan cloud and it fixed it thaks for helping when everything else failed

Message 7 of 8 (3,855 Views)

★★ Novice

I have been having the same issue for the past almost year.

Googled all sites for a solution and none have been fruitful. EA knows of the issue and is not doing anything to fix it because they got  their money from you and they feel they don't owe us the consumers anything. Just give up on them.

Message 8 of 8 (3,419 Views)