Battlefield 4 no audio

by copeufucs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 4 no audio

★★★★★ Novice

Hey all got an annoying issue with bf4 where I'm experiencing a complete loss of audio, no game sound at all. It's like I went deaf. I have read other posts on this forum, I've even gone as far too resetting the whole system back to defaults (which CLEARS everything and reinstalls the OS). Even after this, I still have NO audio, Origin in-game is off, cloud saves are off, audio drivers are up to date, driver is (Speakers) Realtek High Definition Audio version 6.0.9151.1 released 4/13/21. I am about ready to lose it, I've tried every solution POSSIBLE. What sucks even more is that I love this to franchise to death and can't wait for 2042. If ANYONE can help, I'd be overjoyed. Thank you for reading and have a great day.

Message 1 of 9 (613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 4 no audio

★★★★★ Expert

Glad you got it, that was going to be my third suggestion.

Have fun.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (553 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

The most common reason is Windows sometimes changes the sound device. Right click speaker and select "open sound settings" and make sure your sound card and mic match your setup.

Message 2 of 9 (605 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I have also seen Battlefield 4 muted.

Launch game and alt tab out. Right click speaker icon "Lower right" and select "Open volume mixer" and make sure the speaker bottom of BF4 is not muted.

Hope this helps. 

Message 3 of 9 (595 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, thank you for the quick response, I have tested both things and unfortunately, to no avail, there is no audio in BF4. I launch the game and check the volume mixer, BF4 is at 100% volume, the speaker option I have selected is set as my default one too. Is there anything else I could do to possibly fix this? Please elaborate.

Message 4 of 9 (574 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

As of now, here is a screenshot of my input and output options.

Message 5 of 9 (573 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

UPDATE: I reset my audio stuff and all set both my mic and speakers to 16bit 48000Hz audio quality and finally have sound. I'm happy it wasn't it the game and I'm more happy at the fact that it wasn't a corrupted file I missed in registry editor when I first encountered this issue. Thank you so, so much for your help my friend. Standard smile 

Message 6 of 9 (559 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Glad you got it, that was going to be my third suggestion.

Have fun.

Message 7 of 9 (554 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks man, you too, if it weren't for you, I'd still be going crazy lol. Take care and have a great weekend Standard smile 

Message 8 of 9 (536 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

You too.

Enjoy the game!

Message 9 of 9 (501 Views)